New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just get a jeepney "For Hire" if it's going to be a short stay (a few weeks). That's what we did the last time we were there.

But, that's only because I didn't trust my driving skills that much. It turned out to be a wise choice. No incidents plus we paid peanuts compared to leasing or renting a car.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Murano is small and bare compared to competitors like the CX9 and Veracruz. I'd recommend a CX9 over it... just as much *** appeal, much more space, better interior, much better handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Just get a jeepney "For Hire" if it's going to be a short stay (a few weeks). That's what we did the last time we were there.

But, that's only because I didn't trust my driving skills that much. It turned out to be a wise choice. No incidents plus we paid peanuts compared to leasing or renting a car.
    High speed highway skills no good at demolition derby?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Murano is small and bare compared to competitors like the CX9 and Veracruz. I'd recommend a CX9 over it... just as much *** appeal, much more space, better interior, much better handling.
    High speed highway skills no good at demolition derby?
    My bad I forgot about the CX-9! Yes indeed I agree the CX-9 is much better than the Murano in every aspect. But the problem with the CX-9 as pointed out by my peers who actually bought one is the dismal F.E. But then again why bother with FE when you know you're buying luxury.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiViTeC View Post
    As for your question if it's safe to buy premium cars in the Philippines, the answer would be yes. I've been driving in and out of Metro Manila for years with a BMW, a Chrysler and a "2-door convertible sports car" as my daily commute with no issues. There's no need to be afraid buying and using it on the road.

What I notice is that other vehicles tend to stay away from these cars because they don't want to damage and pay for the repairs that might incur.

My suggestion would be for you to buy the car that you desire.
    +1

Lead with your heart, as long as your wallet can take the hit.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Get a Murano. It's premium enough while giving you all the joys of an SUV and more. Also the looks is sleek. No other premium SUV is as ***y as this. Most competitors in its class is either boxy or screams octogenarian.

He might not go for this. This is just a common car in the US.

I do agree with the other suggestions, just lease... specially if you are not staying here for good.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Also....traffic enforcers tend to "avoid" or "stay away" from these premium cars/big SUVs. I do always observe that those premium vehicles who commit traffic violations go scot free, compared to Japanese cars who would be automatically flagged down by these traffic enforcers whenever they commit the slightes traffic violation on the road.

Bro, I observed now that Premium vehicle is the target of most traffic enforcer in the sense mostly they are equipped with siren and important is the validity of registration papers and other document.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
is it safe to buy premium car in philippines? (foreigner)