New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *rudolfryan - If your budget is 2M then try to look for a 2nd hand BMW 3 series but once you have the car the expense doesn't stop there. Prepare for a yearly insurance of P60k, change oil every 15,000 km (P15k I guess di pa kasi ako nagpa change oil eh hehe, 3 weeks palang car ko), then after 2.5 years change 4 brake pads P20k (wala pang labor yon). This is only the scheduled maintenance on the car's computer that will show on the dash board. Di pa kasama dito ang breakdown on wear and tear (hopefully konti lang ang breakdown). So there you go, isipin mo mabuti kasi ako inisip ko na tong mabuti. I've got my dream car and studied well the expense na kasama sa kotse na to and I believe kaya ko naman so I purchased one. A BMW car is very nice to look at but more amazing once you drive it. It really is the ultimate driving machine for me. Kaya kung kaya mo naman mag maintain by all means get a BMW. Wag ka lang padalos-dalos baka after 1 year gusto mo ng ibenta kasi mahal mag-maintain. Isipin mo rin ang gas consumption. Masarap pakinggang ng V6 or V8 pero maraming mga V6, V8 dyan mura nalang ang benta kasi aside from mahal mag maintain malakas din sa fuel. Piliin mo yong tama lang. Kaya for me i choose the BMW320d tama ang power at tama din ang diesel consumption. I can drive it everyday at di ako nakasimangot sa fuel.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *rudolfryan - here is the latest BMW 3 series price:

BMW318i; 136hp - P2,950,000
    BMW320d; 177hp - P3,390,000

Now if you want Japanese, try the Subaru Impreza (P2,000,000) my friend bought last month. Actually this is my 2nd type after buying the 320d.

But since you have a family to care for, i would strongly suggest the Toyota Camry. This is also my other option kung di ako bibili ng Subaru. Maganda kasi ang dating ng Camry ngayon talo nya ang Honda Accord.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by my_BMW View Post
    *rudolfryan - here is the latest BMW 3 series price:

BMW318i; 136hp - P2,950,000
    Wow, thats insanely overpriced. You can get an e46 325i for less than half the price of that and will give you a way more better driving experience.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For Mx-5,, it gets too much attention. It does not fit my family. But bucks for bucks i think the Mx-5 wins it. But for space, we got naman 2009 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 for it.

For Camry, i like camry, but doesn't sound too old? And for me, there is nothing new on driving a toyota. Just look how Similar the Innova's Interior to Fortuners Interior.

The Honda Accord 2010 is getting my attention now, i like the design, the interior looks luxurious with the light brown upholstery. V6 and the price is just right.

For the Mazda 6, i have to be honest, i would rate Mazda 3 2.0L a 6.5 out of 10.It looks sleek in the outside, but it misses a lot of features. And the Wheel Alignment, even the casa could not fix my car problem, we will get a wheel alignment service then next 2 months, the problem is back again.

BMW is out of my choice now, ill get it maybe some other time..

So Accord is my choice right now. White Top of the Line.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    how about the hyundai sonata? i think this car is underrated.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    Hyundai just had the bad start if you know what i mean. I have heard that Hyundai just build cars to last 3 years then throw it away. ANd hyundai's resale value is lower than others.

The hyundai genesis coupe looks good in the rear, but i have watched the reviews on youtube and it has some bad aspects.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hey here is the price for the BMW 3 series:

BMW318i 136hp - P2,750,000
    BMW318i 136hp idrive - P2,950,000

BMW320d 177hp - P3,390,000

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolfryan View Post
    For Mx-5,, it gets too much attention. It does not fit my family. But bucks for bucks i think the Mx-5 wins it. But for space, we got naman 2009 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 for it.

For Camry, i like camry, but doesn't sound too old? And for me, there is nothing new on driving a toyota. Just look how Similar the Innova's Interior to Fortuners Interior.
    Take a look and a test-drive it first. The Camry's interior is much better than the Fortuner's... it's feature-packed and the ride and sound insulation are top-notch. Not the greatest car to drive, but in terms of luxury, good enough that Lexus sells an upgraded variant of the Camry as the ES350.

The Honda Accord 2010 is getting my attention now, i like the design, the interior looks luxurious with the light brown upholstery. V6 and the price is just right.
    Good choice.

For the Mazda 6, i have to be honest, i would rate Mazda 3 2.0L a 6.5 out of 10.It looks sleek in the outside, but it misses a lot of features. And the Wheel Alignment, even the casa could not fix my car problem, we will get a wheel alignment service then next 2 months, the problem is back again.
    Again... take a test drive first... it's a great car to drive, and probably the closest you can get to a BMW sedan in driving feel and experience within your price range. But yes, it's not as well loaded as the Accord... and it's kind of stiff.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    +1 here. Sonata with the panoramic sun roof. For the price, its actually good

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [quote=rudolfryan]Hyundai just had the bad start if you know what i mean. I have heard that Hyundai just build cars to last 3 years then throw it away. ANd hyundai's resale value is lower than others.
    quote]

I don't see where you got that information but that is entirely inaccurate. I am in the same boat as you are a couple of weeks back. I was really eyeing a 328i or any CPO 3 series but I ended up buying a Sonata. Cost of ownership played a big role in my purchase decision. I learned my lesson well when I bought my G35.

+1 on Accord and Mini Cooper Clubman.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Price of BMW's 2010 here in the Philippines?