• Stay stock

0 0%
  • Go mild sporty

3 100.00%
  • Go wild

0 0%
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Okay so it seems that asking for more horses from a 316i may not be as easy as it seems. However I will have to work on the suspension as it is a bit bouncy and suffers some old car ride. So underchassis work is needed. Expected since it is an old car.

Now let us say I want to use it for daily driving and still enjoy it on that trip out of the city once in a while. Should I stay stock? There are no warranties to void anyway. Should I do a mild sport mod? Or go a bit sportier? Still want to have a bit of fun with an older car.

What sporty set-ups would you suggest if non-stock and why?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mild.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for a mild sport setup. This would give you better handling yet still comfy for longer drives.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or you can go for a TEIN electronically controlled suspension system.

..unless your wallet is allergic to too much spending.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Or you can go for a TEIN electronically controlled suspension system.

..unless your wallet is allergic to too much spending.
    So is my bank account. What will be left of it. Any suggestion for a mild sporty set-up? There are those that scoff at H&R or is this actually better for the objective as opposed to eibachs?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Any suggestion for a mild sporty set-up? There are those that scoff at H&R or is this actually better for the objective as opposed to eibachs?
    Well, H&R spring and adjustable rate TEIN shocks are a good combination on my Project Sentra.

It actually depends on what is available locally and abroad. In my case, I was lucky that a guy who initially bought the H&R springs found them too stiff for his car but I find them perfect for mine since I have a heavier engine in front.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have a surplus stock shock absorbers. if interested call me at 09163871259. Also have other surplus suspension parts.

Need to repair my E36 316i suspension. Go stock or mod?