New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi peeps, any lead? my brother bought a second hand 01/02 bmw 318i (his dream car) and has been enjoying it for 4mos now til this problem came up. seems that rack&pinion has a leak, he brought it a bmw casa in ortigas & mechanic told him it'll cost at least 60k to replace. we then brought it to my mechanic who confirmed the problem & wouldn't open the said part kc baka daw magtuloy tuloy na, best if we have a source already for the part. will appreciate it if you can point us in the right direction. TIA
    Last edited by wulf; November 6th, 2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: detail

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    punta ka sa autofirst 2290 p.tamo makati dun may parts dun saka service

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    hi peeps, any lead? my brother bought a second hand 01/02 bmw 318i (his dream car) and has been enjoying it for 4mos now til this problem came up. seems that rack&pinion has a leak, he brought it a bmw casa in ortigas & mechanic told him it'll cost at least 60k to replace. we then brought it to my mechanic who confirmed the problem & wouldn't open the said part kc baka daw magtuloy tuloy na, best if we have a source already for the part. will appreciate it if you can point us in the right direction. TIA

Ano nangyayari pag may leak yung rack n pinion? Nagtanong ka na sa hindi casa kung magkano aabutin?

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    pag me leak ang rack and pinion mo bro, pag below level na atf mo sa reservoir you will hear a grinding noise specially when your turning the steering wheel left or right, and if pag di mo pinaayos agad it will damage also your steering pump. now if you looking for parts and service try to contact euro_care look for Dondie his cell number is 0922 558 7334 and 0919 639 1626.

LF: 2001/02 318i rack & pinion repair kit