New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The 2 year warranty was a good thing in our case, we bought one of the last E90 318i last June 2012, at around 460km the car just won't start all of a sudden, good thing it happened on my designated parking slot in the office. Had the car towed to Autohaus Libis and it was diagnosed with a defective ignition system(forgot the exact term). Then about 1 and 1/2 years later, the car was having another episode again and this time it was traced to the ECU(I think), took them about 2 months to get it sorted since the parts had to be ordered from Germany. After we got the car back, we decided to sell it immediately, just before the warranty runs out, it took me 6 months to finally sell it and recently I saw it posted in OLX by the person who bought it from us.

My old E36 316i was better, it was a good car in the beginning until the ABS light lit up and Autohaus wanted 75k to replace the ABS, promptly sold it afterwards. But at least the E36 rode way better than the E90 which has a ride comfort about the same as riding at the back of an old L300 van without any load at all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The 2 year warranty was a good thing in our case, we bought one of the last E90 318i last June 2012, at around 460km the car just won't start all of a sudden, good thing it happened on my designated parking slot in the office. Had the car towed to Autohaus Libis and it was diagnosed with a defective ignition system(forgot the exact term). Then about 1 and 1/2 years later, the car was having another episode again and this time it was traced to the ECU(I think), took them about 2 months to get it sorted since the parts had to be ordered from Germany. After we got the car back, we decided to sell it immediately, just before the warranty runs out, it took me 6 months to finally sell it and recently I saw it posted in OLX by the person who bought it from us.

My old E36 316i was better, it was a good car in the beginning until the ABS light lit up and Autohaus wanted 75k to replace the ABS, promptly sold it afterwards. But at least the E36 rode way better than the E90 which has a ride comfort about the same as riding at the back of an old L300 van without any load at all.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    ^ that is the main reason why i wish these premium brands offered at least 3 years warranty like the mainstream Asian and American brands, some of which offer 5 years.

i would think these premium brands trust their cars' reliability and quality, but why can't they match even the "lesser" brands' warranty?

^ that is the main reason why i wish these premium brands offered at least 3 years warranty like the mainstream Asian and American brands, some of which offer 5 years.

i would think these premium brands trust their cars' reliability and quality, but why can't they match even the "lesser" brands' warranty?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Cause they want to start making more money earlier on service. They move less car volumes than regular brands. And while their markups are higher than normal, they really do make a killing on service and spare parts. So if they can advance the time to recurring revenue....the better.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Drivesafe View Post

Agree...

Just purchased a Z4 last week (bnew from Autoallee). 2 years warranty.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
How expensive is expensive ? (BMW maintenance)