New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    BMW parts are usually more expensive than Mercedes-Benz parts and quite harder to find, but many driveline and electrical parts are interchangeable with some Japanese cars.
    depends on where you live and your contacts. i have an E39 and i have a very easy time looking for parts. my friend owns a w211, he envies me because of parts availability of my car. price wise, not that expensive. again, it is a matter of knowing where to buy.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I dunno with the new Japanese cars but parts for a Mercedes is definitely cheaper. Used to own a 316i E36 and then replaced it with a W202 C180.
    Agree ... Too short!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Don't listen to the guys recommending Jap cars. The 325i is pretty old but still a great car. I just had my 316i fixed and parts are definitely easy to find if you have contacts. I had my car fixed up at ARC automotive in Makati. I have to say they had no problems finding the parts.

Please buy the BMW. Seriously, no one is going to look at a Civic and say WOW. Nice car. Also, you might have better inputs on your problems with the official bmw philippine car club.

google it.

Even without mods, the BMW is an eye-catcher. Get it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The 316i may probably easier maintenance versus the 320i. Less electronics (no traction control, manual climate etc), manual transmission (vs AT for the 320i) and smaller engine (1.6L I-4 vs 2.0 I-6).

316i with kits and mags.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    The 316i may probably easier maintenance versus the 320i. Less electronics (no traction control, manual climate etc), manual transmission (vs AT for the 320i) and smaller engine (1.6L I-4 vs 2.0 I-6).

316i with kits and mags.
    Automatic transmission of the 320i is actually not so complicated to deal with. If I remember correctly, it's the 4L35-E made by GM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Manuals are still less complicated. The hassles of a sliding old automatic tranny is something of a big, well.... hassle ;)

And to think there are not much good automatic tranny shops here. Instead of fixing it, most would recommended just replacing it with surplus units.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Be ready for your maintainance cost..it's a great car but high to maintained unless you have more savings to spend with

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    Be ready for your maintainance cost..it's a great car but high to maintained unless you have more savings to spend with
    And yet another misinformed person. :P Seriously, those who say the maintenance cost is high either 1) do not own 1 and bases this on perception or 2) owns 1 but is not resourceful enough to get the same parts at a much cheaper price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12