New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Let's say you are looking at each of the two to buy. The newer M3s are just pricey and these are what are in your price range. It would be a plaything for weekends and color coding. Which of the two would you choose?

How can you tell if it is a fake or not? It seems there may be some. Is there a way of authentication through a VIN or visually?
    Last edited by gearhead; July 28th, 2008 at 09:55 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Let's say you are looking at each of the two to buy. The newer M3s are just pricey and these are what are in your price range. It would be a plaything for weekends and color coding. Which of the two would you choose?

How can you tell if it is a fake or not? It seems there may be some. Is there a way of authentication through a VIN or visually?
    e36 for me... newer technology..

you can check if it is the real thing through http://www.realoem.com

Enter the last the last 7 digits of the VIN and you'll find some of the car's details.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    E30 M3 for me, without a doubt. i've driven both.

the E36 M3 is a phenomenal performance luxury coupe, especially in its day. the E30 M3 is a full fledged race car that BMW certified for the street

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    I'd pick the E36 M3. Driven one and it's fast but the clutch is a PITA.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    E30... a little more visceral, I would say.

But then, get whichever one is in better condition... both are pretty good cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    hope i dont come across as a dick...

i've owned both an e30M3 and an e36M3. if i were to buy again, i'd get the e36 M3 (and it should be the eurospec). it's more livable on a daily basis, the parts are relatively easier to come by, and it is MUCH more reliable than the e30.

the 286hp of that thing is more than enough for our philippines roads. i honestly cant imagine wanting more power.

i sold the e30 cuz it really wasnt for me. it's not as fast, and despite its heritage, it is a 20+ yr old car. its glory days are long gone. AT BRC, the mini-cooper S's were handing my ass to me on a plate.

the e36, now that's something i see myself driving in again in the future. i totalled my old one, unfortunately...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    E30, it's the original M3 and will be more valuable in the future. Some collectors already consider it a classic.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    E30, it's the original M3 and will be more valuable in the future. Some collectors already consider it a classic.
    , the e30M3 is indeed a classic. if you have enough cars and you're looking for one to collect, then you should get the e30M3. But if you're looking for a car to drive often, on both highway and stop-and-go traffic, get the e36.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    e36 maspogi!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I like the E30 M3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which do you prefer to have and why? E30 M3 or E36 M3