New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Why do the springs break? What side in particular? Around how much kaya ang springs na original ng Msport?

I test drove an Msport. Maingay ang gulong sa likod. Ganun ba talaga?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mafollosco View Post
    Why do the springs break? What side in particular? Around how much kaya ang springs na original ng Msport?

i havent experienced the suspension issues yet(knockonwood), but the stock suspension on e46's tend to wear out more sooner than japanese cars, and even more when paired up with Manilas beautiful roads. i know some people who've already had experienced suspension problems on their e46 at about 75k kilometers. iirc, they were control arm/balljoint issues.

Abot the "Maingay ang gulong sa likod.", it could have several factors, tire width, type etc. but as far as i know, the 318i M-sport has a staggered wheel/tire setup which means that the rear tires are wider than the fronts. Wider tires tend to have more road noise so i think its normal unless you switch to a quieter type of tire.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mafollosco View Post
    Why do the springs break?
    I guess they're not good enough for British roads.
    I wonder if Philippine bimmers come with the rough road suspension package as standard?

Quote Originally Posted by mafollosco
    What side in particular?
    The rears ... at the ends where the coil tapers to a smaller diameter.

Around how much kaya ang springs na original ng Msport?
    I have no idea. When I had to replace mine, I didn't bother looking for oem sport springs ... it made no sense to me, knowing it'll probably break sooner than I expect it to.

Yup, ganuon talaga ... ang gulong.

Take note of the tire's brand and model. If you can hear it from inside an E46, then it's one hell of a noisy tire and you'll hear more of it on most other cars. And unless it sticks to the road like glue, stay away from it whatever car you drive.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    318i's are a good choice for daily driving.

syempre mas maganda M-sport. our's gets 9-10 km/l city. mga 2002 below meron ng less than 950,000...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Considering to buy e46 318i