New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I have decided to buy a 2nd hand BMW model late 90s to early 00. I'll be starting to shop around for one soon. The thing is, i really do not know much about cars and i have heard horror stories from friends who have bought second hand cars and finding out later about serious repairs to be done. Would anyone know where and how i can hire a good mechanic to go with me to check out my choices? also, im looking for a particular color. Will it be ok if i buy one thats not what i want and just give it a new paint job? How much would u think this will cost me?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A paint job cost around 25k. Search the forums, there's a lot of info about BMW. The maintenance cost depends on the condition of the car you're getting.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hmm, that would make it an E46 or an E39... those shouldn't be in bad condition yet.

Try those sellers with nicer addresses cuz these people would have a lot of other cars and not used the BMW as much. Shy away from 'executive' cars, cuz these are more likely to have been driven and cared for by a driver... meaning cursory care.

I also think it should be ok to try out the Certified used cars sold by BMW casa.

It's easy to fall in love... don't. Test drive more than two choices.

Check out the BMW thread here... pretty good reading.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Thanks Flagg. Appreciate your inputs. Would you know where i can hire a mechanic that knows much about BMWs so he can check my choices? Salamat po

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sorry sir Tell, yung favorite mechanic ko went to Saudi na e...

Try mo anyway to get it on a lifter. Usually, mga gas station mechanics mahilig mamintas. Pwede na yun.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Sorry sir Tell, yung favorite mechanic ko went to Saudi na e...

Try mo anyway to get it on a lifter. Usually, mga gas station mechanics mahilig mamintas. Pwede na yun.
    Hehehe tama ka dyan. Ang mga mekaniko sa gas stations parang mga barbero yan, alam lahat at talaga namang mga eksperto.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a friend selling one of his E46! Pm me if you are interested!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yung Alpina sana pre...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    expert sa BMW...........

si Flagg!!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Correction... sa mga kasintanda kong BMW...

Buying a 2nd Hand BMW