New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    maganda, pero sana liwanagan nalang un headlight.
    kaya ang mahal eh, sagana sa hi-tech feature. impractical in a way.

just my opinion. but it's cool

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the Monitor is not so expensive, maybe it's the infrared camera that makes it expensive...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Madali lang yan mga papi! You can use a typical digital motion camera (e.g. webcam, surveilance cam, etc), install it on the front end of the car. For the night vision effect, you can get infrared LEDs at Raon and install them on your bumper. Di ko lang sure kung gaano kalayo abot ng LEDs pero depende na din sa bibilhin mo. You may use any monitor, including in-dash LCD monitors available in the market. BTW, if you use infrared, you can see objects in grayscale only.

Wanna try it out? Take a regular remote control (e.g. TV remote) then tapat mo sa digicam mo or cellphone cam, press any button and you will see the infrared light when you press a button on the remote! Galing diba? I learned that from my friend last week lang. This is the same principle used on videocams with night vision (refer to the Paris Hilton scandal video).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tapos susunod body heat signature sensor naman

pag umuwi ka sa bahay, tapat mo muna tsikot mo sa house. pag dalawa nasa loob. free ka na!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Madali lang yan mga papi! You can use a typical digital motion camera (e.g. webcam, surveilance cam, etc), install it on the front end of the car. For the night vision effect, you can get infrared LEDs at Raon and install them on your bumper. Di ko lang sure kung gaano kalayo abot ng LEDs pero depende na din sa bibilhin mo. You may use any monitor, including in-dash LCD monitors available in the market. BTW, if you use infrared, you can see objects in grayscale only.

Wanna try it out? Take a regular remote control (e.g. TV remote) then tapat mo sa digicam mo or cellphone cam, press any button and you will see the infrared light when you press a button on the remote! Galing diba? I learned that from my friend last week lang. This is the same principle used on videocams with night vision (refer to the Paris Hilton scandal video).
    That's old-school active IR. You might also want to use an IR-pass filter for your camera.

The newer nightvision stuff doesn't need an IR LED light source anymore. Passive light amplification lang.

Incidentally, the IR LED on old Sony digicams were pretty strong, so night-shot mode + IR pass filter made for interestin X-ray vision shots! See through clothes. Check out the link for some cool examples. (Safe for work)

http://www.kaya-optics.com/products/experiments.shtml

Sadly, the newer cameras now use passive IR. While this increases your effective range (since you're not dependent on your IR light anymore) and decreases the chances of you being detected (since you're not shining a light), it also means the night-shot + IR pass filter trick won't work with them anymore! =(

But if you have an old Sony digicam, pick up that IPF and have some fun!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    meron ba pang nikon d40 nyan kaya filter na yan

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i hope that feature ends up in the new m3...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    pano kung white lady

Hahaha!! ayos!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    That's old-school active IR. You might also want to use an IR-pass filter for your camera.

The newer nightvision stuff doesn't need an IR LED light source anymore. Passive light amplification lang.

Incidentally, the IR LED on old Sony digicams were pretty strong, so night-shot mode + IR pass filter made for interestin X-ray vision shots! See through clothes. Check out the link for some cool examples. (Safe for work)

http://www.kaya-optics.com/products/experiments.shtml

Sadly, the newer cameras now use passive IR. While this increases your effective range (since you're not dependent on your IR light anymore) and decreases the chances of you being detected (since you're not shining a light), it also means the night-shot + IR pass filter trick won't work with them anymore! =(

But if you have an old Sony digicam, pick up that IPF and have some fun!
    Wow! Nice! hehehe! I like the see-through feature though! hehehehe!

I actually plan to DIY this with an old school Sony HandyCam that I have at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
BMW's "Night Vision"