New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    *niky I'm interested bout that flash... )

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    it's okay sir I want a different car... and the X1 is really different I would even go as far as it is fugly for others... therefore it will be unique... Also I have sedans already.
    Not really fugly. Better looking than the old X3 naman.

Congrats. ;) Pics!

-

RE: Flash: not quite sure. Autotechnika used to do reflashes, and they specialize in BMWs... but I don't know if they can do it for your car (haven't been back to AT for a long time)... at least if a BMW diesel chip or flash is available, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

There are a number of chips available online, but you'll have to troll the UK forums to find out which ones are "legit".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not really fugly. Better looking than the old X3 naman.

Congrats. ;) Pics!

-

RE: Flash: not quite sure. Autotechnika used to do reflashes, and they specialize in BMWs... but I don't know if they can do it for your car (haven't been back to AT for a long time)... at least if a BMW diesel chip or flash is available, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

There are a number of chips available online, but you'll have to troll the UK forums to find out which ones are "legit".
    Haven't found the "flash" yet, but I've been seeing a lot of topics regarding chips... What I want sana is sort of "unlock" the 20d since the 18d is just a detuned 20d then put a chip

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Congrats on your purchase. From the pics you posted sa Autozentrum Alabang ka din kumuha. Just got our unit 2 months ago. Really fun to drive.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6033X using Tapatalk 4

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. From the pics you posted sa Autozentrum Alabang ka din kumuha. Just got our unit 2 months ago. Really fun to drive.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6033X using Tapatalk 4
    *rossph thanks sir, yes sir/ma'am x1 din kayo? Dapat sa prestige e nabadtrip kami nung pre testdrive...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Jonzjitsu, if I were you, wait for a few months before you have your ECU flashed.
    Typically, cars feel fast when it's new and as time goes by, you get used to the power and then they feel slow.
    That would be a good time for you to have it flashed. The new found power will spark your passion with your ride again.

Lots of popular tuners for VW/Audis like GIAC, Revo (which I have used in the past), APR, etc. For most of these tuners, you just have to find a shop that offers them and they will flash your ECU and you're good to go. Some requires that you have to remove the ECU and send it to them to flash it (no experience on this kind of service).

For BMWs, there is Dinan, ESS, ActiveWerks, VelosDesignwerks, etc. Dinan is expensive but will preserve your factory warranty but gains are very conservative. I have Velos and have good experience with them. They sent me a box called Personal Tuner and I get to do it on my own rather than having to drive my car to Florida to have it done. The tune is also non-detectable by the dealer, hence, my warranty is still valid and I can put the stock tune if I want to.

Check with specialty shops around you and research on the web if they are reliable before you commit to a tuner.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    *rossph thanks sir, yes sir/ma'am x1 din kayo? Dapat sa prestige e nabadtrip kami nung pre testdrive...
    Yup we also got an X1.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Jonzjitsu, if I were you, wait for a few months before you have your ECU flashed.
    Typically, cars feel fast when it's new and as time goes by, you get used to the power and then they feel slow.
    That would be a good time for you to have it flashed. The new found power will spark your passion with your ride again.

Lots of popular tuners for VW/Audis like GIAC, Revo (which I have used in the past), APR, etc. For most of these tuners, you just have to find a shop that offers them and they will flash your ECU and you're good to go. Some requires that you have to remove the ECU and send it to them to flash it (no experience on this kind of service).

For BMWs, there is Dinan, ESS, ActiveWerks, VelosDesignwerks, etc. Dinan is expensive but will preserve your factory warranty but gains are very conservative. I have Velos and have good experience with them. They sent me a box called Personal Tuner and I get to do it on my own rather than having to drive my car to Florida to have it done. The tune is also non-detectable by the dealer, hence, my warranty is still valid and I can put the stock tune if I want to.

Check with specialty shops around you and research on the web if they are reliable before you commit to a tuner.

TBH it feels slow for me sir. I'll source out something similar to your tuning chip warranty preservation is always #1

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Jon,

You might want to try Bluefin or Upsolute. Both are UK companies. Upsolute has a Philippine dealer. Bluefin, I'm not so sure but from our local club BMWCCP we had a Bluefin equipped E87 120d.

BMW bluefin 120d 0-100 - YouTube

With Upsolute they take your car's ECU for a day (because of the time difference here and in their home office) re-flash it and then install it back to your car the next day. Bluefin Superchips is I think just a matter of plugging it into the OBD port and your done.

HTH

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Nice car! Drool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast