New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    For your BMW spare parts, you may call/text me at 09177448113 or just PM me. Baka maibigay ko sa inyo ng mas mura yung mga parts compared to others.

Thanks.

Jay C.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    update lang this morning yung hearing ng case that we files against BMW. only their representative showed up without a lawyer. The hearing was reset to May 8 and a few hours ago lang BMW alabang called us up and told us na they would like to settle na lang with us. They will submit their proposal by tom. or saturday daw.

Nagalit mom ko saying na ngayon sila magsesettle dahil nakasuhan na sila. I told my mom na payag kami settle kung ang terms ay replacement of a new unit lang plus 250,000 in lawyer fees. Or itutuloy namin yung kaso.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I guess this is also the reason the gray market guys still have a brand new Land Rover Discovery II on display in Libis kahit matagal nang may LR3.

But who would be dumb enough to replace all seven seatbelts (as in the case of the Pajero)? And what are the chances of finding all seven seatbelts with similar dates in a surplus shop? hehehe. Seatbelts do provide a good ballpark along with other items in the vehicle. The sidings have a production date stamped on them also (though you do have to take it off the door to see). Same with the seat cushions (I see the date when I'm changing seatcovers).

Hindi naman lahat ng sasakyan merong computer that you can [relatively] easily access like in a BMW.

I don't think there's a practical way to talk to a Kia Picanto's ECU without the handheld scanner.
    you only need to replace the driver side seatbelt. yun lang ang may year of manufacture (most cars).

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    hmmm i think that even the sales rep didnt know na old stock yan .... plus for me old or new stock, no diff naman e ... parepareho lang yan lahat basta same specs siya sa new stock, its really no big deal if old production siya or new production

if there are differences from the new stock from the old stock then go reklamo ka pero pag wala naman etc etc ganun nadin yun .. mahahassle pa kayo para awayin bmw
    I totally agree with this, NOS units are not that uncommon like when we got a Suburban a few years back; nearly a year and a half old na when we got it from the dealer.

I guess there's nothing wrong with going after a newer date but then what if the newer unit turns out to be a lemon?

Sayang naman yung perfectly good running "old" one.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    you only need to replace the driver side seatbelt. yun lang ang may year of manufacture (most cars).
    Just curious, is it possible for the local distributor/dealer to do this? How about the stamped plates with all those serial numbers?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    let BMW face the consequence of not being honest to loyal client like yours. if in the states they can afford buyers to see their production line in europe, it should not be a big deal for them to agree to your terms.

keep up the bargaining side to youradvantage. actually you have already spent precious time which is a loss of opportunity if you are a business man or even an ordinary citizen.

good luck to you.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Demand for a free upgrade to 2007 X5 Diesel! hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    So I showed him that it also applies to my moms 2 month old BMW X3 and lo and behold the manufacturing date is 38th week of 2004. Na shock ako i specifically told my moms dealer na wag old stock ibigay and sabi niya sa akin 2006 daw manufacturing date nito. I only had the chance to check it now eh.
    This is the real 2007MY BMW X3 which was launched in europe back in mid-2006(manufacturing must have also begun that year I assume)...

The X3 of your mom(manufactured in 2004) probably looks like this, a pre-facelifted model.
    Last edited by AG4; May 4th, 2007 at 12:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kinasuhan nyo na pala. let us know how that goes.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano kaya proposal nila

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
BMW Philippines Explain