New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My point is, don't underestimate the loopholes of "wear and tear". I'm not anti-bmw (my goodness, people who knows me should tell you that hehe) but I honestly think na madaming mapapasubo sa extra gastos pag ibabalik na yung kotse.

Dealership lease ads are there to lure you into leasing/purchasing cars, the troubles the comes with leasing (and getting warranty claims etc) are all on the burden of the consumer.

Any charges of repairs will be based on BMW casa prices, not your neighborhood talyer prices, so don't expect a paint scratch on one panel to cost you 3K only when you return the car if you didn't get it fixed beforehand.

That's the main danger of leasing kasi, people think they get something more for a lesser price, not thinking that there's a reason why the dealership is offering such a "deal".

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Might wanna refer to these as well.

http://www.leaseguide.com/faqs.htm
    http://www.leaseguide.com/lease14.htm

Oh, lastly.

If you're the type who has money to burn and can afford/enjoys changing cars often, then leasing is definitely for you. No doubt about that.

But if you're a regular joe who has 1-2M budget for a car that you plan to use on a daily basis, think again coz there is a limit of how much mileage you pile up per lease term. Every km is extra payment.
    Last edited by theveed; February 14th, 2006 at 01:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mmm 2M...sarap kung may 2M...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Any charges of repairs will be based on BMW casa prices, not your neighborhood talyer prices, so don't expect a paint scratch on one panel to cost you 3K only when you return the car if you didn't get it fixed beforehand.
    definitely agree with this one. spend the money before you turn the car in and get charged a reasonable price, because you'll get raped if you let the dealer charge you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ka na magreklamo sa Gabriella kung ganun hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well in that case i'll rather drive my "own" CRV than a leased X5

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm naka X5 nga..pero lease lang at di naman sayo..mya sabihan ka pa na Poser hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Here in the US leasing works quite well for a lot of people, don't want to keep a car for more than three years, tax advantages (tax deductible for consultants).

I leased my first car (bmw M5) when I was working on my own.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, but walang ganyan na tax breaks ang pinas, and road/driving conditions here are hell compared to even boston, atlanta or nyc hehe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
BMW Leasing