New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek View Post
    Why is there so much difference between city and highway ??
    for one, in highway driving, the transmission gearing maximizes the rpm of the engine..
    in city driving, the tire spins much less frequently than in highway driving, given the same engine rpm.

for another, acceleration necessitates more fuel being delivered to the engine, compared to simply maintaining the same slow speed...
    everytime the accelerator pedal is pushed, more fuel is pumped into the engine. the price of acceleration, is increased fuel consumption. and we do this more times than we can count, in the city's stop and go driving.

it's in the laws of physics, which we can not escape from. we can minimize it with technology, but we can not avoid it altogether.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek View Post
    Why is there so much difference between city and highway ??
    Coz its easier to move an object that is already moving(momentum) instead of it standing still

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Coz its easier to move an object that is already moving(momentum) instead of it standing still
    well... yes and no.
    it depends on the before-speed (even if it is zero) and the after-speed, as well as how fast you want to reach the after-speed.

... nitpicker here... heh heh. sorry, mr big.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Thanks for adding, i forgot to metion at a certain speed there is the law of diminishing returns, going too fast there is air resistance takes a hit on mpg

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Thanks for adding, i forgot to metion at a certain speed there is the law of diminishing returns, going too fast there is air resistance takes a hit on mpg
    ah yes.. this is where the manufacturers tout their low coefficient of wind resistance.. i forget the hit it makes on fuel consumption... is it as large as 5 % or 10 % ?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Very good read.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by d doctoc View Post
    dre,napatipid yang auto na yan kung gusto mung tawagan muh pa ung namemaintain ng auto ko dis is the number 09216900254

If u want good people for repair your power steering rack ?? Power Steering Pump Problems | LPSR The best team i have ever had. Professionalism, andtimeliness and effectiveness.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Learn how to make up $300 USD daily through the most trusted and free business online.Visit www.https://talk2wiseinvestor.blogspot.com/ ,for your free success guide.

Learn how to make up $300 USD daily through the most trusted and free business online.Visit www.https://talk2wiseinvestor.blogspot.com/ ,for your free success guide.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    '08 BMW E90 320i
    5-6km/l ave speed 10-15kph city.
    10-11 km/l highway

fuel consumption typical for a 2.0 engine I guess. That 325i is elusive.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    '08 BMW E90 320i
    5-6km/l ave speed 10-15kph city.
    10-11 km/l highway

fuel consumption typical for a 2.0 engine I guess. That 325i is elusive.
    anong 325i iyon bro?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
BMW Fuel Consumption Database