New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by red_md View Post
    But my blower under the hood started running after i turned off the engine ( for about 5mins and spontaeously stop thereafter). Is this normal? Thank u in advance
    It's common with turbo cars. I have noticed the same thing when I just had my Fiesta Ecoboost. If the engine was turned off before it has reached its cooldown temperature, the cooling system will continue to run for a few minutes before shutting down. My neighbor who had a bunch of turbo Volvos told me that the best way to deal with it is to let the car idle for a minute or two before shutting it off. If you got back from a long trip, maybe add another minute or so. For my Forester XT, I just check the turbo gauge to know when to shut down the engine. The turbo pressure is set at a certain number when the engine is at idle state.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It's common with turbo cars. I have noticed the same thing when I just had my Fiesta Ecoboost. If the engine was turned off before it has reached its cooldown temperature, the cooling system will continue to run for a few minutes before shutting down. My neighbor who had a bunch of turbo Volvos told me that the best way to deal with it is to let the car idle for a minute or two before shutting it off. If you got back from a long trip, maybe add another minute or so. For my Forester XT, I just check the turbo gauge to know when to shut down the engine. The turbo pressure is set at a certain number when the engine is at idle state.
    Thank you sir, this thread is really helpful.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
The BMW / Bimmer Thread [Merged]