New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi folks! Just how did they send me this message?

BMW® HQ Germany Plant:Heidemannstr. 164 DE-80939 MUNCHEN Germany.
    Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell,
    Berkshire, RG12 8TA.
    United Kingdom.

Congratulations,
    The Board of Directors,Members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company, Wishes to congratulate you on your success as one of our TEN(10) STAR PRIZE WINNER in this year's BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP) held on Monday 1st of June,2009 in Berkshire.
    This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW 7 Series,730d Sports Saloon car and a cash prize of 750,000.00 GBPs (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British pounds).

In order to redeem your prizes contact Mr.Thomas Peters R ,Bmw Claims Manager of the Claims Department with the verification form below duely Filled and sent through email to:
    Mr.Thomas Peters R,
    DIRECT EMAIL:bmwgroup059*live.com
    Tel:+44(0) 7031925534.

VERIFICATION FORM:
    1.)Full Name:
    2.)Current Address:
    3.)Country:
    4.)Age:
    5.)***:
    6.)Occupation:
    7.)Phone Number:
    8.)REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:25515600DS

I don't know if this is true or fake, but be careful! Be very careful when you received that kind of letter!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Obviously HOAX, email addy lang nila alam mo na. Plus the Germans will never use British Pounds as prize.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Obviously HOAX, email addy lang nila alam mo na. Plus the Germans will never use British Pounds as prize.
    Definitely a HOAX! I agree with Marg.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Great British pounds
    Madami kasing tabatsoy, hahahaha.

The real question is: How can you win a lottery you didn't join?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    nowadays, it's very easy to send fake messages just to annoy other people. it's probably their source of enjoyment.

the veracity of the letter will surely depend on this specific question: did you ever join any game of chance involving the BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion? if not, then it is untrue.

how can the person who sent you the electronic mail know your email address? it's absurd. he should not be inquiring about your particulars if you have actually won that kind of prize. no person in his right mind will give a BMW automobile without knowing the true name of the donee.
    Last edited by beereo; June 8th, 2009 at 05:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Great British pounds
    Madami kasing tabatsoy, hahahaha.

The real question is: How can you win a lottery you didn't join?
    Don't know but these bad boys claimed they used some kind of "Computerized E-mail Selection System" or whatever they called it. I just don't really get it. Don't try to trust these bad boys.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Don't know but these bad boys claimed they used some kind of "Computerized E-mail Selection System" or whatever they called it. I just don't really get it. Don't try to trust these bad boys.
    Why should I? I'm not the one doubting the veracity of the e-mail. All it takes is a bit of common sense (and google'ing).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Why should I? I'm not the one doubting the veracity of the e-mail. All it takes is a bit of common sense (and google'ing).
    I agree with that. Do you ever receive one of these?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yes, I do. I get a lot of them, even thu the post. If every notofication that I've won this and that lottery were true, I should be a multi-billionaire by now ... in Great British Pounds.
    Last edited by StraightSix; June 21st, 2009 at 06:10 AM.