New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    I am not sure if this is a repost, but this car is such a beaut!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=3]BMW 4-SERIES[/SIZE]
    Article source: `CLICK HERE!!

With the popularity of my weblog post about the upcoming BMW 2-series coupe, I thought that I'd shed some light on the future 3-series (or 4-series, I'll explain later) coupe coming from BMW.

After Chris Bangle blew the lid off of BMW design with the 7-series, he came back and strutted his stuff with the gorgeous 645Ci coupe and critics were silenced. Now that the E46 body style of the current 3-series is walking into maturity, the new "futuristic-look" of BMW had to be expressed in the next version.

Specs

The current 3-series offerings include either a 2.5 or 3.0 liter I-6 engine, pushing out 184- and 225-hp respectively. As most BMW owners know, however, these German autos often underestimate their power, so those figures are somewhat misleading.

The latest Car and Driver magazine (August 2004) includes a spy illustration of the new coupe which makes it looks like an Acura RSX (sorry no picture, check out the magazine on page 55). The agressive body stylings ala the Z4 made their way into the picture, and it looked as though the curb and body length would be a few inches shorter. C&D also said that "a 380-hp V-8 may distinguish the new M4" but I highly doubt that they'd drop a V-8 in a 3/4-series any time soon — because then I don't think they could keep the base MSRP of an M coupe under $50k USD which might tick some drivers off. Also, a V-8 M coupe might cannibalize sales of the 645Ci coupe or the upcoming M6, and they definitely don't want to do that.
    3-Series or 4-Series?

When I posted last about the 2-series, I mentioned that BMW would be changing their naming conventions. Coupe versions would now get a +1 added to their name, and become even-numbered. This aligns well with their current naming of the 6-series, which is a coupe version of the new 5-series (same suspension and platform, etc.). So it only makes sense that the new 3-series coupe be dubbed the 4-series, but over the past 3 months magazines and websites have been waffling over this. It appears as though BMW hasn't quite made up their mind yet about the new naming convention, so it's up in the air as I'm writing this (as far as I know).
    Pricing and Images

There is no reason to believe that the new 4-series coupe will be any cheaper than the current 3-series coupes, so don't hold your breath. Expect the M4 to start around $50,000 USD with the convertible a few thousand dollars past that. The images on this post are not exact pictures of the new 4, but rather spy-based illustrations. These are the best I have found so far, because no magazine or website has any real pictures of it yet.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nice photoshopped images. rear styling reminds me of the old 8-series

3. Join Date
    May 2004

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    nice photoshopped images. rear styling reminds me of the old 8-series
    Is this really photoshopped?!?ha ha ha!! I don't even know that it is!...

They really fooled me with the pix!! But honestly, it really does look good if ever they would come out something like this! Thanks CARLOCARADDICT for the info!
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; March 16th, 2005 at 08:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka hindi bumenta iyan sa mga Chinese. Malas ang 4 diba? :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bmw's designs seem to be...unorthodox lately. and that includes their 2004 F1 car. sino designers nila? :D

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oo malas ang 4 (death) haha
    headlights nya parang 1 n 3 series combined

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This new 4-Series is no longer just a 3-Series coupe/convertible. The design is already its own, and it actually looks better than the new BMW small sedan. I wish the 3 looked somewhat like that as well; I wouldn't really mind similarity in style.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if ever lumabas yan, 3-series pa rin yan... convertible lang and 2-door coupe... hindi lumabas ang 2-door and convertible na e46 dito kasi hindi naman afford ng mga tao... anyway no plans of launching another car since kakalaunch lang ng e90 body, new bmw motorrad K1200s, 5-series touring (sa ibang bansa) at kakafacelift lang ng 7-series (ibang bansa pa rin)...

ot: someone got a brand new silver 645ci sa garage niya... pang-tabi sa 760il... tsk tsk...

Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    someone got a brand new silver 645ci sa garage niya... pang-tabi sa 760il... tsk tsk...
    Filthy Rich fella... parang nabasa ko yan sa Top Gear, well the owner of the 760. hehehe.

IMO I don't think its photoshoped, spy shots lang yan, nothings final yet...

BMW 4-series