New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    di pa yata facelifted e46 model yan. i think that is the model with a 1.9 liter displacement, wala yatang valvetronic/vanos yung engine

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Thanks guys,

I dont know much of german engines but i've heard that parts are a pain in the wallet.
    What about shocks, a/c maintenace, etc. I mean does it requieres lots of maintenance?

Its A/T by the way.

Im almost 85% of buying it. If ever this will be my 1st german car. No problems with Japs though but the koreans are catching up.

More power to tsikot.com

Cheers

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Test drive mo sir cool. Drive it fast & daan mo sa lubak, dapat tight pa rin suspension nyan & road noise should be minimal. A/t shifting jerk dapat di sobra lakas & listen for any weird clunking noises after shifting. OK lang naman high miles kung mostly highway yan. Also, look for collision damage, ang baba ng price e. Check the oil too, baka oil burner.

Good luck, and if you do buy it, don't beat up any traffic enforcers!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Good luck, and if you do buy it, don't beat up any traffic enforcers!
    Ay oo nga ano.... :praning:

Tnx 4 d added info.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    My sis drive a 2000 318i with 80Tkm++
    Ok pa naman performance, minor power window and door lock problem lang but everything else is ok, aircons is still strong. althought medyo underpowered siya compared to the BMW inline 6 engines. Just add 17 or 18 inch mags and ok na siya.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    too much money pero underpowered sa tingin ko. ok lang siguro sa pinas where karamihan ng cars ay 1.8 and below. im sure a 2nd hand SiR is cheaper? and faster too. pero ika nga nila, you're driving a BMW, whatever floats your boat brotha, goodluck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
BMW 318i 2001... Good buy?