New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    What's wrong with a bare variant? there are options on higher variants that we don't really need or even know how to use. what if the buyer really prefers a bimmer over a korean car na bidang-bida sa tsikot na lahat claiming to be a stock holder or some sort.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Puso mo sir. Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zeepey View Post
    What's wrong with a bare variant? there are options on higher variants that we don't really need or even know how to use. what if the buyer really prefers a bimmer over a korean car na bidang-bida sa tsikot na lahat claiming to be a stock holder or some sort.
    The connotation is that you're buying it simply because it's a BMW.

Not because it's very powerful... because it's not.

Not because it's very luxurious... because it's not.

Not because it's economical to own... let's face it... PMS pa lang... ubos na savings mo from the 1.6 liter engine... because it's not.

I've seen old people who've shelled out good money for a base 320i... driven around by chauffeurs while squeezing themselves into the back seat. If all they wanted was something to ride in the back of, I can name twenty different cars that make more sense and have more "presence"...

BUT: if you're buying it to drive it... and if you get the manual transmission model, and you enjoy it... why not?

Except there's no manual tranny 116i. If you really want something basic, super-fun and a step above the usual, then go for the MINI One. Same 1.6 liter engine as the Cooper (but detuned), basic wheels, manual transmission, lighter than the 1-series, and just 1.4m. Indent order, though... because they don't stock them... the Cooper and Countryman are the bigger sellers.

Absolutely fantastic car to drive. Feels solid. And looks a hundred times better than the 1-series.

If you want a BMW, the 320i is a better entry point. Just don't buy it to ride in the back seat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
BMW 116i Essential Variant