New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Ano kaya ang dahilan bakit chip off ung rubber ng gulong ko hindi tulad ng japanese cars namin napupudpod

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    baka naman sa kalumaan na bro? eventhough makapal pa, pero luma na na ang gulong.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bro, brand new ba yung tires na gamit niyo?kung Brand new siguro nakawarranty pa gulong niyo..better change it from the tire shop na pinagbilhan mo..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    it's not the car's fault why your tires chips-off. malutong na yung gulong mo that's why. king bagong kabit yan there's a possibility na matagal ng stock yan. you can check the tires manufacturing date.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    Ano kaya ang dahilan bakit chip off ung rubber ng gulong ko hindi tulad ng japanese cars namin napupudpod

The tires might be very very old. Rubber tires get hard and brittle as it gets older. Normally there is a batch code stamped on the side of the tire. Part of the code includes the year and week number it was manufactured.

I suggest you check the code to find out when the tire was manufactured.

Old tires is a safety hazzard. It can suddenly blow up even a normal inflation pressures and result in a loss of control of the car.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    my treads are chipping too....

dunlop sp sport maxx rft & michelin lattitude tour hp.

its not the age as both tires are mid 2008 and late 2008 dot marked and both started to chip within the first year of use....around 7,000-10,000kms.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    same problem with the PIRELLI scorpions on my ride...barely 4 years old

could it be the tropical climate here in manila?

what's a good replacement tire brand?

are dunlops, bridgestone or yokohamas any better for manila weather?

Bakit nag chi chip off ung rubber ng gulong ng bmw?