New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi. Was going through the BMW phils website and they seem to have the 120i convertible listed yet with no price. Also the april 2008 listing above does not reflect it.

Anyone inquire on this lately?

Whats the feedback on this model? Wouldn't it be a fun BMW?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what would you like to know? i own the 135i version - the main difference between it and the 120i is that mine has an inline 6.

it most certainly is a fun car. it goes back to the spirit of bmw when it first became popular - light, fast, fun sports sedans with sublime handling and decent luxury. many people today only know bmw as a "luxury car" but they have only become that way fairly recently.

handling and driving dynamics rank it among the best cars i've ever driven. performance allegedly comes close to the new E92 M3 (never raced an M3 to prove it though) - your results will vary with the 2.0 though. i love the styling, but some people hate it. only cons are the backseat space (but it's a small car, duh) and the ride is harsh with the stock runflats

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    what would you like to know? i own the 135i version - the main difference between it and the 120i is that mine has an inline 6.

it most certainly is a fun car. it goes back to the spirit of bmw when it first became popular - light, fast, fun sports sedans with sublime handling and decent luxury. many people today only know bmw as a "luxury car" but they have only become that way fairly recently.

handling and driving dynamics rank it among the best cars i've ever driven. performance allegedly comes close to the new E92 M3 (never raced an M3 to prove it though) - your results will vary with the 2.0 though. i love the styling, but some people hate it. only cons are the backseat space (but it's a small car, duh) and the ride is harsh with the stock runflats
    Yup heard about the 1-series 135i vs the M3 thing. Unfortunately as much as I would like to get the 135i they may not have it here at local dealerships. Got pics of your ride?

They don't seem to have the coupe version here as well.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Yup heard about the 1-series 135i vs the M3 thing. Unfortunately as much as I would like to get the 135i they may not have it here at local dealerships. Got pics of your ride?

They don't seem to have the coupe version here as well.
    You can indent order any BMW variant that you like via the two BMW dealers here in the Manila.

BTW, they did show a 1-series convertible in the recently concluded PIMS.

bigbigcar.com First Drive: Hyundai Genesis V6

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Hi. Was going through the BMW phils website and they seem to have the 120i convertible listed yet with no price. Also the april 2008 listing above does not reflect it.
    BMW 120i Convertible (6-speed auto) P3.25M
    BMW 135i Coupe M Sport (6-speed manual) P3.49M
    BMW 135i Coupe M Sport (6-speed auto) P3.89M

120i Convertible

135i Coupe M Sport

Gearhead, buying one?
    With the small price gap between the 120i Convertible and 135i Coupe M Sport, you might want to also check out the 135i...

BMW 135i Coupe vs Mitsubishi lancer Evo X
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtYz3G_U90"]YouTube - BMW 135i | Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X [Motor Trend][/ame]
    Last edited by AG4; August 28th, 2008 at 01:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow, almost 4 million?! :jawdrop:

gearhead, here's a pic or two:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup the prices here are crazy. For that kind of money it isnt far fetched getting a nice pre-owned M for example.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    Diba you're tall ninong? Kasya ka sa maliit na yan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Diba you're tall ninong? Kasya ka sa maliit na yan?
    basta sa front seat no problemo. i'm a little bit under 6 ft, and kahit 6-5 ka ok lang sa driver seat...just forget about anyone sitting behind you :2thumbsup:

Anyone know how much BMW phils will sell the 1-series convertible?