New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hello fellow Tsikoteers / BMW experts,

Any insights / reviews / opinion on the X3, especially the 2008 and 2011 models?

What to look for when inspecting / buying this vehicle?

TIA

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post

Any insights / reviews / opinion on the X3, especially the 2008 and 2011 models?

TIA
    Look for maintenance records. Most expensive period are 50k and 100k kms. If they are selling is at around 49k or 99k kms. it will be cheap because you have to shoulder then the PM cost.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    Look for maintenance records. Most expensive period are 50k and 100k kms. If they are selling is at around 49k or 99k kms. it will be cheap because you have to shoulder then the PM cost.
    How expensive is expensive for 50k and 100k?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I'm quite curious about the X3 as well. Yun mga 2006-ish can go for as low as Php650k.

I'm thinking it's the PMS and parts cost that's going to be a killer. Kasi minsan sa CUV yun 40k PMS umaabot ng....Php40k. So what more sa BMW -- plus will you bring it sa casa or do you know a mechanic who has the tools to access the engine? A Forester side mirror assembly already costs Php20k....what more BMW, right?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post

TIA
    Do you want a new one? I ordered X3 through a good dealer in the states (Customs Broker | Canadian Customs Clearance | Import to Canada | Clearit.ca), 2008 or 2011 model was not important to me, I`ve bought a white one of the 2011, but in the US you can find any option, I think. And it`s not a problem to import anything nowadays

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by olive davis View Post
    Do you want a new one? I ordered X3 through a good dealer in the states (Customs Broker | Canadian Customs Clearance | Import to Canada | Clearit.ca), 2008 or 2011 model was not important to me, I`ve bought a white one of the 2011, but in the US you can find any option, I think. And it`s not a problem to import anything nowadays
    How much would be the total cost of your imported x3 including shipping and taxes? What is the brand new srp of the model you ordered?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miko57 View Post
    How much would be the total cost of your imported x3 including shipping and taxes? What is the brand new srp of the model you ordered?
    someone told me the landed cost will be almost 3x the blue book value of the car if you bring in a used one from the US. i was almost tempted to bring home my brother in law's X3, but the shipping and taxes turned me off.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I think, you might argue the X3 represents a large premium over other model Touring. All I can say about the engine line-up is that, the X3 gets two turbodiesel engines, and three turbo petrols. The diesels span 2.0d (187bhp, 56.5mpg, 132g/km) and 3.0d (261bhp, 49.6mpg, 149g/km) variants, the petrols 2.0i (179bhp, 39.8mpg, 163 g/km), 3.0i (TBC figures) and M40i (355bhp, 34.5mpg, 188g/km) variants.
    So, all come with an eight-speed auto and xDrive all-wheel drive all over in the UK. While the previous model offered an entry-level rear-wheel drive model, but that’s not coming here at this time in my opinion.

Moderator Snip: Blatant advertising.
    Last edited by jut703; April 12th, 2018 at 06:08 PM.