Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Default Re: Avanza Engine Problem

Feedback mga sirs sa NGK Platinum Alloy Spark Plugs DCPR7EGP, super ok. Matipid sa gas and mas malakas yung hatak ng engine compared sa ordinary spark plugs. With the royal purple fluid pa, ang laki tlga ng difference.

Sir, applicable po ba ang NGK Platinum Alloy Spark Plugs DCPR7EGP to either 1.5 or 1.3 avanza? tia

FEEDBACK again sa NGK Platinum Alloy Spark Plugs DCPR7EGP, After 2 weeks, unfortunately pinalitan ko sya ng NGK OEM. Sobrang ok in terms of engine power and engine vibration. Less yung engine vibration nya tlga. Pero sa FC, ang lakas nya mag-burn ng fuel
    Nung una ok lang mejo matipid pa. Parang sa OEM lang din. Pero after a week (everyday use) naging 7km/L na yung FC.
    Mas important kasi yung FC sakin kesa yung speed.

SPEEDOMETER CABLE PROBLEM...

Hi to all!

(I transferred my post from Avanza Periodic Maintenance Service (PMS) since I think this is the appropriate thread)

Share ko lang din ang na-experience ko when the speedometer cable of my 3.5 year old with 42,000 kms. +/- avanza 1.3J got broken.

Paakyat kami ng Marcos Highway when I noticed my speedometer is not working anymore. After a few meters, I felt like the engine stalled. The feeling is like "nakabit mo sa neutral ang kambyo". Then I have to go on shoulder. After a few seconds ok na ulit ang engine.

After a few hundred meters uphill, lumabas ang "check engine" indicator. Nothing happened since I was thinking then that it's because of the broken speedometer cable. Stayed in Baguio for another 3 days.

Pagbaba na namin, the travel was problem free except when we reached a portion of Bocaue along NLEX. Again, nag-stall ang engine kaya I need to go on shoulder again. It happened 3 times along that stretch. Nakauwi naman kami safely sa QC. I called up a friend and suggested that the engine stalling is caused by the computer box not detecting any speed from my car. At prolong RPM, it stops the supply of fuel.

Nagcanvass ako sa TYT Q.Ave but out of stock. Even in Celica Genuine Parts along Araneta. They gave me a price of Php 2600 but I have to wait for 7 days.

A friend referred me to THK in Banawe. Katabi ng Toyorama very near E.Rod. They have a replacement cable na Made in Japan. Php 600 only. I have no choice so pinakabit ko sa trusted mechanic ko sa Araneta. Labor fee is Php 500.

The next day, we traveled to Pampanga. No more stalling.

Unhappy Re: Avanza Engine Problem

Hi,

Just want to share. I bought a 2012 avanza last month, it stalled yesterday night while i was on my way home. i restarted the engine, it did start but when i stepped on the gas the engine made knocking sounds. i brought the car to the casa this morning and found out there was a tear in the engine belt and needs to be replaced. unfortunately toyota service crew said that since it is new, there is no available part yet. they advice me to leave the vehicle at the casa for inspection and investigation as to why it broke. i refused and told them i need the car tomorrow.
    So disappointed since the car's odo is just 200+ km. haist! =(

nag palit ako ng serpentine belt a few months ago. over the counter sa alabang parts ko nabili. Toyota OEM, parang 2.5K ang belt.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
    Hi,

Just want to share. I bought a 2012 avanza last month, it stalled yesterday night while i was on my way home. i restarted the engine, it did start but when i stepped on the gas the engine made knocking sounds. i brought the car to the casa this morning and found out there was a tear in the engine belt and needs to be replaced. unfortunately toyota service crew said that since it is new, there is no available part yet. they advice me to leave the vehicle at the casa for inspection and investigation as to why it broke. i refused and told them i need the car tomorrow.
    So disappointed since the car's odo is just 200+ km. haist! =(
    Bro, where did you buy your avanza? I think they can replace your unit since it's almost brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by slod22 View Post
    FEEDBACK again sa NGK Platinum Alloy Spark Plugs DCPR7EGP, After 2 weeks, unfortunately pinalitan ko sya ng NGK OEM. Sobrang ok in terms of engine power and engine vibration. Less yung engine vibration nya tlga. Pero sa FC, ang lakas nya mag-burn ng fuel
    Nung una ok lang mejo matipid pa. Parang sa OEM lang din. Pero after a week (everyday use) naging 7km/L na yung FC.
    Mas important kasi yung FC sakin kesa yung speed.

i dont think me kinalaman spark plugs sa pag takaw ng kunsumo sa gas,since sabi mo lumakas hatak siguro madalas napapabaon accelerator mo kya mo nasabi..

meron na ba nag pa adjust ng valve toppet sa inyo? medyo naingay na kasi sakin kaya naisip ko na baka malaki na clearance nya

hello sir hans, actually same lang din yung sa pagddrive ko, ,mas mababaw din yung tapak ko sa gas pedal nung platinum spark plugs pa gamit ko. Nung pinalitan ko ng standard sparkplugs (NGK DCPR7EA-9) bumalik sa dati yung fuel consumption. Actually sir, kung hindi lang tlga malakas sa gas, I'll stick with the platinum alloy spark plugs. Pero after a week tlga ramdam ko na yung bigat ng fuel consumption. Siguro ok lang yung platinum SP if you want a faster and more powerful avanza engine. But mas important sakin yung fuel consumption lalo na mahal gas ngayon