New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by djhao79 View Post
    Mga sirs, female car owner po ako! Ask ko lang po may review na po ba kayo sa WaxSpot's OptiCoat? I am torn between BB's Optiguard - Ziebart's Diamond Gloss and WaxSpot's Opticoat. Got our SUV last Dec 6. Plan ko magpa-paint protection sana. Advisable ba na magpaint protect agad? Can you at least give me some idea kung ano ano po ang pinagkaiba ng mga nabanggit kong Car Paint Protection package? Baka naman po kasi overhyped ang selling strategy ng mga detailing shop and ayokong magkaroon ng regrets afterwards.

Thanks in advance po sa mga sasagot! God bless!
    Hey there,

Advisable ba na magpaint protect agad?
    Yes

There's a lot of differences between the three programs. Big Bert's Optiguard package is a year-round quarterly regimen program while the other two (Ziebart's Diamond Gloss and Waxspot's Opticoat) are one-off application of a very durable paint protection layer.

If you plan on maintaining your car regularly, I will highly recommend you enroll yourself sa Big Bert's Optiguard program. What it gives you is a quarterly detailing regimen that paint corrects (aka removes scratches and swirls) and protects them afterwards. Problem is, I'm not much of a fan of tying myself down sa isang detailing shop lang. Paminsan makakalimutan mo na may "regimen" ka and those are lost sessions na.

The Ziebart and Waxspot is essentially a one-off year-long protection program. However, the year-long isn't really 365 days long. Durability is still dependent on the amount of abuse it gets. The more abuse, the shorter the durability. As a one-off product, Ziebart uses a very durable paint sealant while Waxspot's Optimum Opticoat uses a clearcoat "top-up".. between the two, the Opticoat would be a better bet as additional layers of clearcoat will be more durable than even the best paint sealants there is.

The problem with this is that.. even if it protects your paint for a long time, your car will accumulate scratches in less than a quarter hence by the 6th month or so, you'll have a large amount of scratches, swirl marks, and other blemishes on your paint surface that is ugly to look at.

---

The best program for me is simply a 1-2 2-step detailing and one 3-step detailing session every year. I then try to maintain the protection by waxing once the previous wax comes off. There's a lot of abundant knowledge here in the Auto Paint section, I would suggest you take time to read on the articles.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Anyone here tried the german paint protection from PCI? one time application din siya for brand new cars. planning to get this 1800 lang e competitive ung price.

Pag nag pa paint protect ka ba pde ka pa din mag step 3 wax (non abrasive waxes)? like nano gloss? so that it will become the sacrificial layer and mas tumagal ung paint protection? Thanks!!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Anyone here tried the german paint protection from PCI? one time application din siya for brand new cars. planning to get this 1800 lang e competitive ung price.

Alamin mo muna what it is. There's no such thing as a one-time application for the entire lifespan of a car.

Pag nag pa paint protect ka ba pde ka pa din mag step 3 wax (non abrasive waxes)? like nano gloss? so that it will become the sacrificial layer and mas tumagal ung paint protection? Thanks!!

Should be.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Ziebart Diamond Gloss or Big Bert's Paint Protection Program?