New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JamE55,

Sweet ride man! I really dig those wheels! 18's or 19's?

I use Claymagic, and it is a phenomenal product! I've heard that many companies have tried to copy Claymagic, but Claymagic has some sort of patent (or something, not sure) that gives 'em exclusive rights to their product. I'm not entirely clear on the details of their patent, but in any case, it is the only clay bar that I will ever use on my car.

I've been able to get rid of overspray with it. A friend of mine had the front of his titanium silver car spotted with red paint, and Claymagic (and Zymold HD Cleans) was able to get it out!

The only downside with Claymagic is that it is pretty expensive (at least to me it is). Otherwise, it could be one of the best (if not the best) clay bar out there! I've used a few of them (like the yellow clay bar that Griot sells on his website), but I've never been able to reproduce the results that I get with Claymagic!

Read all about it (and buy online!) here:

http://www.clay-magic.com/

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    to go "zaino all the way" is not entirely a good suggestion unless you have a brand new, unswirled car... zaino doesn't make any abrasives to solve swirls and imperfections, neither does it have any product to remove oxidation and other defects.

the z system is a final layer sealant. make no mistake.
    Pretty cool info, theveed! I've been hearing hype about Zaino for quite some time now. I've seen a Zaino detailed car sitting next to a Claymagic/Zymol HD Cleans/P21S detailed car, and I couldn't really tell the difference optically and by touch. At least now I know that Zaino certainly has it's weaknesses.

I'm still sold on the old-school way of detailing. Clean-polish-wax. But at least there seems to be another option available to would-be detailing fanatics!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by e46boi
    JamE55,

Sweet ride man! I really dig those wheels! 18's or 19's?

http://www.clay-magic.com/
    Hey e46boi!

Thanks for the compliments man! Those are 19"s w/ 3.5" lips on the rear. I love them not only for the looks but they are also light and forged.

As far as the caly-magic and definitely check em out and maybe even give them a try.

Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by e46boi
    I've heard that many companies have tried to copy Claymagic, but Claymagic has some sort of patent (or something, not sure) that gives 'em exclusive rights to their product. I'm not entirely clear on the details of their patent, but in any case, it is the only clay bar that I will ever use on my car.
    James's car will look sweet no matter what... nice, nice ride... wish I have one of those (not in Manila, though hehe)

As for Clay Magic, eto storya... they didn't invent nor manufacture the clay but nagkaproblem sa supplier sa Japan... (The Japanese invented clay bars, not USA)...

AUTO WAX WINS ANOTHER CLAY PATENT
    INFRINGEMENT CASE

FEDERAL COURT ISSUES $1 MILLION JUDGMENT AGAINST JAPANESE IMPORTER OF DETAILING CLAY

HOUSTON, TX Auto Wax announced today another victory in its efforts to enforce its clay patents. A federal court in Houston, Texas entered a final judgment on June 17, 2002 against a Japanese supplier of clay, Shinyo Chemical Co., Ltd., and its representative Yoshihisa Hori. This default judgment awarded Auto Wax $758,585 for patent damages in the lawsuit, $300,000 for breach of contract, and $32,292 for costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees. The total amount awarded to Auto Wax in the judgment is $1,090,877. A copy of this judgment is attached to this press release.

Shinyo and Mr. Hori were suppliers of detailing clay to Mark V Products, Inc. After years of litigation, including a two week trial, a federal court in Dallas separately found last September that Mark V was a willful infringer of Auto Wax’s patent rights, and ordered Mark V to pay over $3.6 million in damages, attorneys’ fees, costs, pre- judgment interest, etc.

The recently entered Houston judgment ordered Shinyo and Mr. Hori to, among other things, stop importing and selling infringing clay in the U.S. The judgment also stated that all of the claims in Auto Wax’s ‘993 and ‘416 clay patents “are valid and enforceable.”

Auto Wax’s President, David Miller, stated: “We’ve now received four separate federal judgments in four separate federal courts upholding our clay patent rights and stopping the sale of infringing clay. In one of these cases, our clay patent was challenged by a company that hired one of the biggest laws firms in the nation (Fulbright & Jaworski). That case was tried to a jury and the patent came through with flying colors. So far, four federal judges, eight federal jurors, and three federal patent examiners in the Patent & Trademark Office have all upheld our patent rights.”

In the United States, AWC sells Clay Magic®, the original surface preparation bar. Auto Wax owns six patents relating to clay products, and has several other patent applications pending. Auto Wax provides private label clay to many of the detail industry’s leading companies.

They are suing Mother's as well...

Auto Wax Files Clay Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Mothers

Auto Wax Company, Inc. has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Mothers Polishes Waxes Cleaners, Inc. in federal court in Dallas, Texas. The lawsuit seeks to stop Mothers from infringing Auto Wax’s U.S. Patent No. 5,727,993, and/or from inducing others to infringe this patent. The clay at issue is sold by Mothers as the “California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System.”

Mothers resells, and/or has resold, clay supplied by Mark V Products, Inc. and Kucala Enterprises. The Mark V clay was the subject of a previous lawsuit in Dallas, Texas. In that lawsuit a federal judge and jury found the Mark V clay to be infringing, and Mark V was ordered to pay Auto Wax over $3.6 million, including triple damages, attorneys’ fees, and prejudgment interest.

Auto Wax’s President, David Miller, stated that: “We now have three federal judgments from three separate federal courts. All of these judgments have upheld our clay patent rights. The person or company who resells infringing clay is a patent infringer just like the person or company who made or imported the infringing clay. We will vigorously defend our patent rights against infringers.”

Auto Wax sells Clay Magic®, the industry’s leading surface preparation bar. Auto Wax owns six patents relating to clay products and provides private label clay to the automotive industry. For more information, contact David Miller.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Thanks theveed! Wow that's interesting about the claybar lawsuit. Interesting information.

Btw: Who is that lady on your avatar?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron bang zaino available locally here sa pinas ?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    xz: nope, Asia Pacific Zaino distributor is Cazcomp of Singapore (www.cazcomp.com)

James: A local celeb... ;D

Oh, we had a discussion about Z last year, check it out...

http://pub65.ezboard.com/fdetalyadopinasdetailingfrm3.showMessage?topicID=1 62.topic

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Thanks for the link theveed!

Local Celeb?? Hahahaha!!! So who's the girl in your avatar?

Oh and by the way. LA Auto show is this saturday. I'll take some pics for you guys! :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    James: she is a local celebrity chick... http://heart.pinoycentral.com/ hehe

thanks in advance for the pics.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sino gusto mag group buy ng zaino ? hehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Zaino