New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *madkatz: thanks for the suggestions.
    Just a few follow-up questions:
    1. Have you tried using Meguiars natural shine protectant? How is it?
    2. How do you clean your interior? Do you wipe the surfaces first using a damp towel or a separate OTC cleaner then apply protectant or do you apply the protectant right away?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ArrJay0712: No problem, ask anytime

1. Yes, hmmm well, compared to all of the protectants that i've used it comes somewhere in the middle, there are others that are better but its hard to find or expensive.

Pro's

The good thing about it is that its very easy to apply, no greasy feel after application so its a breeze to remove, even if you get some on clear plastics its very easy to remove with relatively nearly zero streaking as compared to other OTC products, another thing that i like about it is that it gives your car that brand new look, its not shiny but or glossy but it really gives a warm feel and it definitely makes the surface soft. I don't know about pricing however since i got mine abroad, i didn't know this is already available here. It also reduces the occurrence of finger marks on shiny vinyl surfaces.

Con's

Its very nice since it gives you that new look, but you would have to apply it sparingly, if you put too much or spray too much, or if your towel gets soaked, it can change its appearance varying on the degree of product you applied. Another con for me would be that i honestly don't feel that it protects the interior, its more like a beauty product for your interior. Another con, well not really a con if you think about it, is that some protectants i've used contains mild yet effective cleaners, i've used some that can even remove ballpen marks, shoe scratch marks, and those sort of white water marks caused when water dries on your interior surface, my vinyl surface has some white stains from putting cold drinks on the dashboard and especially when my little sister always puts her ice cream sundae on my dashboard, some protectants i've used can actually clean these, but the cleaners on this one is a little too mild, it can remove oil and dirt marks effectively but its a little weak for the heavier ones.

Don't let the cons long paragraph daunt you on trying this product, compared to most OTC products available locally, this would stand toe to toe or even better, its a really nice protectant once you properly prep the paint, the like new look does not really give you a WOW factor but more of a warm new and comfy look, which i like.

2. Well there are a lot of different parts and surfaces for interior, but for vinyl and rubber, if its just minor dust and grime i use a Damp MF towel like Microtex Ultra, i like this towel since its tough enough to really scrub and clean the interior surfaces. For certain parts that have too much grime, i use a 10:1 APC solution, put it in a spray bottle, get some sponge and work the area until its clean, i then use a damp MF to remove the APC and use my blower to dry it, or you could aim your electric fan inside the car to help it dry quicker. So in short if its like the weekly maintenance thing i just use damp MF towel. For monthly i just apply protectants after a damp MF wipe down, if the surface has some stains i use protectants with better cleaning abilities, if its clean already i just use normal protectants, And then twice a year i clean the whole interior using APC and sponge and the works.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    *madkatz: just bought mothers naturally black (sa Blade), for dressing my exterior trim. pwede din ba sya for interior vinyl and plastic?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *manny31671: yup, its not the best shiny protectant for exterior plastics, but it gives a sort of new look to it, and its nice in terms of protection and durability.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Guys, can I use simple green in cleaning interior vinyl? Pwede rin ba sa mga plastic chairs? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ArrJay0712: yes and yes, but for vinyl you should dilute it to the mildest concentration recommended to be safe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *ArrJay0712: yes and yes, but for vinyl you should dilute it to the mildest concentration recommended to be safe
    Thanks again!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    guys, tanong ko lang kung magkano mothers fx spray wax, and pure carnauba wax? sa blade po ba meron nito..? tia!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir yung Step 3 Pure Carnauba Wax is P685 or P695 po sa BLADE .. Yung Mother's FX di ko nakabisado price hehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *The Doctor: I got my FX Spray Wax at SnR for 420

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Your car maintenance regimen