New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks guys! That helped a lot.

*jonjon u: sir, what specific eagle one product are you referring to?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrJay0712 View Post
    Thanks guys! That helped a lot.

*jonjon u: sir, what specific eagle one product are you referring to?
    It's the 20/20.

------------------------------
    Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Another question, sorry guys just want to come out with the best possible regimen...

Most of our car's interior is made up of gray vinyl, what vinyl/plastic cleaner can you suggest that is safe for this color/material and doesn't cause discoloration? And also, what protectant should I use after applying the cleaner? I prefer to have a natural/matte look for the interior.

Thank you very much!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    hi sir, gamit ko ngayun un turtle wax F21 super protectant. sabi sa AD nya-

Revolutionary nonotechnology formula... provides the highest level of UVA/UVB protection for leather, vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces.

Product Benefits
    -Restores the original color and provides a deep, rich shine.
    -Contains premium silicones to provide water resistance and long lasting shine and protection.
    -Will not leave any greasy residue after application.
    -Subtle fresh leather scent.

antay kulang maubos, then un mothers protectant na bibilhin ko. sabi sa AD nya-

Preserves and protects for 30 days! ...is a penetrating UV blocker, effective on rubber, vinyl, plastic and fiberglass. Constructed to recondition and maintain the original condition and appearance of dashboards, bumpers, trim, tires and more. Protectant isn’t an oily surface-coating film. It’s an ozone and smog resisting, UV shielding penetrant — a preservation agent that works on just about any uncoated plastic or rubber.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by manny31671 View Post
    -Contains premium silicones to provide water resistance and long lasting shine and protection.
    Sir, i've read an article that says that when choosing protectant, you should look for the non-silicone ones because silicone causes vinyls to crack. Please read below link:

http://www.autoeducation.com/carcare/tires.htm

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    tnx bro ArrJay0712 for the heads up and the link, hindi kuna gagamitin un turtle wax protectant...

btw, tag ulan na!!! sprayed mothers FX spray wax and cleaned the windows with glass science for protection...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Guys back to one of Arrjay0712's questions, how do you get dried cement out safely? Mine was parked in an open parking lot at the Fort. When I came back drops of cement were already dried on the car. Managed to remove most of them but a lot of spots in between the rubber and metal parts are still there.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ArrJay0712: well that statement is mainly true, in most cases the silicones used in the protectants can cause vinyl and leatherette to crack when treated for a very long time, but nowadays the formulations have already been changed, most people say that Armor All can crack and yellow your vinyl and interior surfaces, but honestly like jon said before, even i still can't find any solid article to suppor this, but in a way yes i would agree with you regarding the silicone based protectants because its always better to be safe than sorry, Also using silicone protectants leave a layer on top which when removed can also remove the shiny surface of your interior especially when cleaned improperly, you could try, Quik interior detailer, NXT Tech Detailer, and Mothers Protectant.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *manny31671: sad news is that there have been reviews about F21 causing cracking in the Toyota Forum in the US, especially when used on the clear plastics and on dash panels

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *Wh1stl3r: you could try Megs Body Solvent, Quik Solv, and Citrus Solv. I've tried all of them with good cleaning abilities, haven't tried them for cement though, but it did remove rugby contact cement.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Your car maintenance regimen