New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    As the title says, im just curious which of the two are better and safer at drying your car? Your Standard Chamois? or using a Jellyblade?

Also, whats your favorite drying tool? MF? Waffle Weave? Blower? What brand?

Hehe, just looking for an effective and safe way to clean my car and im planning on buying some of the proper stuffs

Scenario:

1. im planning on using chamois or jellyblade if im on a rush and is a bit pressed for time
    2. im planning on using whatever is the appropriate tool to use for safely drying my car

Item name and brand would be highly appreciated since i plan on buying soon

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use two sets of MFs. one for drying, one for touching up after drying.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    California Jelly Blade is OK to use for the entire car. But, since it comes in contact with the car paint there is still a chance of minute scratches if something gets caught in the blade and you neglect to remove it before wiping.

Me, I use a combination of three items (if I have an extra 20 mins for the usual car wasing/drying time):

1. California Jelly Blade (for glass and for the roof)
    2. Microtex microfiber chamois - yellow, sells for 249 (different from the
    japanese chamois - doesn't crack or harden when dry). I use this for the
    roof, trim, glass, sometimes the lower part of the car
    3. Microtex waffle-weave (grey color) which sells for about 799 and just pat-
    dry and not wipe-dry for the body

You may want to have a handy quick detailer or spray wax around - so you can "replenish" the lost wax everytime you wash the car. Dirt will just slide off once you wipe it. There is a big difference of just a washed car and a spray-waxed car.

I hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    How much would a spray-on wax set me back? I saw my uncle use a DuPont Spray Wax (with good results) back in the US but I didn't have the chance to buy a couple of bottles.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    i use Mother's FX Spray wax and it does a good job giving shine and added protection to my old cars, a bottle costs around 400 to 450 pesos, but a bottle would go a long way since you only lightly mist it.

Another alternative would be to use Ultimate Quik Wax from Megs. Its a lot more expensive at around 700 to 800 pesos but its definitely better with black and dark cars. It gives that really wet shine and another plus is that it also has hydrophobic properties, so less water stays on your car.

Which is worse? Chamois? or Jelly Blade?