New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys medyo simple question lng from a newbie,ask ko lng kung paano ba i-apply ung wax sa car,is it ipapahid mo muna & let it stay for a couple of seconds or ipapahid then diretso wipe na agad?tnx in advance & sorry for te ignorance,bago lang kc tlga ako e,i know i would learn a lot from this site..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    most waxes will tell you to apply to a section at a time, let dry then buff with a clean dry cloth. but its important NOT to wax your car in the sunshine or when the surface is hot to the touch. some waxes also apply better with a damp cloth or sponge. read the instructions on the back. its better if you decide which wax is best for your paint finish first.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jingmag
    most waxes will tell you to apply to a section at a time, let dry then buff with a clean dry cloth. but its important NOT to wax your car in the sunshine or when the surface is hot to the touch. some waxes also apply better with a damp cloth or sponge. read the instructions on the back. its better if you decide which wax is best for your paint finish first.
    tnx a lot Bro,just bought a 3M liquid wax,just wanna try if this brand will suit my yellow color Anzahl paint,i also bought a microfiber towel from ACE,By the way ano nman Sir yung purpose ng sealant?or yung clay na tinatwag nila?sensya na po...

please visit the "Detailing Thread"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    madaming nagbebenta ng three phase or three stage waxing processes. in my experience its really nicer to keep it simple. wash the car with a good liquid car shampoo. (sometimes i clean the entire car with "gaas" or kerosene, to take away the road grime) thyen shampoo the car (you can also use a wash mitt which you wear on your hand twhen you wash the car, better than basahan). make sure to dry the roof first so when you dry the glass the roof water doesnt drip down on the glass. important to dry the glass after, specially on hot days to avoid water marks. dry the car from top to bottom. if you wanna spoil your car then you can go the three stage way. first stage wax to remove oxidized paint. second stage wax to seal the surface and then third is the finish to give it the gloss. i have used many brands and they all work somewhat to the same extent. right now i use Zymol, a german brand. meguiars and mothers also work well.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clay is for removing stubborn dirt. sealant is also a wax that protects your clearcoat (from sunlight and rain) much better than plain car wax only.

for me before applying wax, i wash my vehicle with water and car shampoo then let it dry. i apply the wax in sections at a time in a circular motions for better coverage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    salamat mga peeps...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro, visit the detailing thread.. and, if ever, you can also post your queries there..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just read the label.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what is the proper way to apply wax?