New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    i had a couple of panels repainted last week. i washed it with polyglaze gel (without wax) and after i dried it i applied polyglaze glaze...

do i have to do this everytime i wash my car (applying glaze i mean) for the next 6 mos. or so?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not everytime you wash... reglaze once a week or 2x a month will suffice...

Not very sure whether Poly GOG is bodyshop safe though.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yay, so mali yung glaze na nabili ko? what brand do you recommend?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    up lang for this thread...good brand of glaze...? ung type/brand that does not any special tools/machines to be effective...

thanks

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Just leave it that way for at least a month or two. if it becomes dirty, just hose it off with plain water and wipe off dry with chamois or micro fiber towel. Use a plain car shampoo if needed. Foaming shampoo is not that effective. All the active ingredients for cleaning are left inside the tank, what really comes out is just a foam with little or no wax at all.

Let the new paint cure itself naturally for long lasting paint life.
    Thereafter, you can now apply soft wax such as those available in the market. Since it is a new paint and pressumably free from any stains, the best to use is a liquid-type wax for easy application yet effective. Eagle One's Wax-As-U-Dry or Wipe N Shine are two of the best liquid wax I have ever used.
    Better yet, go to a professional detailer like Big Berts at Ortigas home depot in Julio Vargas. I'm not plugging the outlet for commercial purpose but they sure do a very good job. I'm one of thier satisfied customer.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks sir...yea i will wait until around 2nd week of january for a detail, w/c would include wax of course. hirp lang ngayon kasi puro ulan...laging madumi tuloy tignan ung oto. tapos may mga light stains, maybe from the water dripping down from trees where i park everyday at work. anyway, will have it buffed nd glazed tomorrow at the shop where i had it painted. thanks for the reply sir...really appreciate it.=)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What to do with a newly painted car?