New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Mitsubishi officially describes my car's color as Ravena Gold, sort of a dark olive. Ok naman ang itsura niya, especially pag malinis.

Although there are times na parang kulangot ang tingin ko sa kanya. :bwahaha:
    kulangaot???..naman bossss... ilang taon mo na bang gamit yan?... baka sawa ka na lang (paglinis perhaps). sana nga mainbento yun cleaning free ano?.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    In my years of driving, I've gone thru several car colors,
    namely - maroon, grey, red, blue, and lately - white.

I find that white (basta pirmi lang malinis) has become
    my favorite car color. It makes the car look bigger and more
    impressive. Also, mas pansinin ang puti so the added safety
    factor during heavy rain and at night.

Ang downside lang, madaling mapansin kung may mud
    splatters and other forms of grime. OK lang, masipag naman
    ako "magkuskos" and I make sure that my ride's color is
    always "sparkling white"!
    at additionally hindi gaano kainit pag na bilad sa araw. di gaya ng dark colored ones na damdam mo agad pagpasok mo na talagang super init kahit saglit lang nabilad sa araw. sabi pa nga mas tatagal ang compressor or a/c system ng vehicle na white collored kaysa mga darker colored nga.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my current car is my second dark blue car. my first dark blue car was painted from white to dark blue while my second dark blue car was specifically ordered from the dealer.
    really dunno why i have a preference for this color, but for me, even though ang hirap i-maintain dahil kitang-kita ang dumi, it suits me fine. for one, its quite formal, classy and sporty. complements my personality.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/070914/2258...pf=family-home

Color Popularity Survey (Sept 22, 2007)
    The numbers reflect the percentage of vehicles manufactured during the 2006 model year in North America, as compiled by DuPont.

1. Silver 19%
    2. White 16%
    3. Gray 13%
    4. Black 13%
    5. Blue 11%
    6. Red 11%
    7. Light Brown 7%
    8. Green 4%
    9. White Pearl 3%
    10. Yellow/Gold 3%

Silver - "When the light hits it and refracts, it shows off the vehicle's architectural form beautifully."
    The color has other advantages, too: It hides dirt, it's an enduring favorite and it's easier to resell than other colors. (In the United Kingdom, many police agencies have switched from white to silver, because the silver cars fetch a higher resale price -- up to 10 percent higher than white cars -- after they've been pulled from the fleet.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what can i say about my car color?

i have the two colors that are most difficult to clean - white :seeth: and jet black :seeth: :seeth:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/070914/2258...pf=family-home

Color Popularity Survey (Sept 22, 2007)
    The numbers reflect the percentage of vehicles manufactured during the 2006 model year in North America, as compiled by DuPont.

1. Silver 19%
    2. White 16%
    3. Gray 13%
    4. Black 13%
    5. Blue 11%
    6. Red 11%
    7. Light Brown 7%
    8. Green 4%
    9. White Pearl 3%
    10. Yellow/Gold 3%

Silver - "When the light hits it and refracts, it shows off the vehicle's architectural form beautifully."
    The color has other advantages, too: It hides dirt, it's an enduring favorite and it's easier to resell than other colors. (In the United Kingdom, many police agencies have switched from white to silver, because the silver cars fetch a higher resale price -- up to 10 percent higher than white cars -- after they've been pulled from the fleet.
    i think i made the right choices based on the survey, my FD's Silver (#1) and my Fort's Gray (#3), hehe...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Steel gray metallic on the 3.3L 06 Sonata, Ford beige metallic on the 2.5L 1995 Contour. In short, anonymous colors which suits my personality just fine. I have no desire to stick out on the road or anywhere. That way, if I'm naughty on the road, I'll be harder to track..... Plus, those 2 colors do a good job hiding the dirt/dust. No speeding tickets with either car.

The last "colorful" car I had was my blue 1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo. I got 3 speeding tickets with that. Prior to the Laser, I had a red 1986 Nissan Pulsar. What's depressing is 2 speeding tickets with the Pulsar which is strange for a car with 55 hp.

That's why I'm not one of those "Look at me!" type of people. It pays not to stick out of the crowd.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 23rd, 2007 at 09:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sa akin black ang hirap imaintain but pag bagong linis at wax champion sa ganda.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I was cruising home together with my friend in his red Civic Si hatch and me in my diesel. Biruin mo at 10 or 11 that night a police car that was "scanning" or ambushing people for speeding (40mph zone) drove out of his hiding, cut in front of me (politely) and proceeded to check out my friend who was in his Civic. I was behind so tahimik lang ako.

I guess red easily catches their attention especially if you're driving at night no matter how stock looking your car is. To think, I was in my diesel and was travelling a bit faster than 40 when my friend was actually slowing down already

Eventually the police car made a right and took off after realizing my friend has no records and the car isn't stolen.

Funny thing is, I was already thinking about that kind of circumstance before we even left sabi ko sa sarili ko he might get "targeted" by police cars. My friend even uses side streets because of this, para hindi sa major roadways dadaan pero I guess the cop was just where we didn't expect him to be. Oh well...
    Last edited by mbeige; September 23rd, 2007 at 05:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^looks like your friend was being profiled. the Socal police are notorious for that kind of behavior - they look at types of people or cars that they think usually do illegal stuff (like they probably thought..."red Civic Si? must have illegal mods or street races) and find some way to check them out or pull them over.

in West LA where i grew up, my friends called it "DWB" (driving while black)...talaga kasing pinag-iinitan yung mga young black guys eh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What can you say about your car color?