New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No question is annoying bro... as long as di pa nasagot sa ibang thread hehe...

- Frequency of use... grabe baba ng usage. In your case, I'd suggest you try anything that'll give your yellow a nice pop... what kind of shade ba exactly?

Maintenance, if it's that infrequent that you're home, then i'd suggest you keep it simple... good wash at least once a week with proper techniques and tools (read the detailing thread), easy to use one-step product will work well as a maintenance.

To be a little more specific, maybe you should try Meguiar's NXT... Very easy to use by hand and will work quite well with yellow... Mother's Reflections will work as well, but I prefer the former when it comes to yellow... They may be costly but one bottle will last you over a year with one car.

One step products like those will pretty much take care of any minor surface imperfections while providing a nice gloss (not depth) to a light colored paint.

Longevity won't be its strength, but I'm assuming that pollusion isn't as bad in the province.

Oh, you'll need to get a clay bar first, since it'll be stored for a long time, contaminants may sit on the paint for too long.

Invest in a good cover as well.

Search nalang with regards to clay bar usage and car cover discussions.

Good luck.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    No question is annoying bro... as long as di pa nasagot sa ibang thread hehe... -- I guess most of you will have to bear with me while I'm offshore since our connection resources are quite limited. :-P

what kind of shade ba exactly? --> Honestly, I don't have a clue what you're asking me. :-D But Hyundai calls it Vivid Yellow.

Overall, thanks for the "starters" I'll try to look into them during my connection time. then i'll probably get back to you guys. for more questions.

God, been able to drive since 10 years old and I didn't realize up to now that car care was so complicated. This is almost like having your own kid! Which I don't have yet, as well. Tee-hee.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I hear Pledge works... I just dunno if it's a good idea

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No it's not.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *B2Bomber,

In San Fernando, La Union there's a Meguiar's detailer near Oasis Resort. If you're southbound go past Oasis and TYRESTAR Sales Corp, it's on the west side of the highway. I can't vouch for the quality of their job though 'coz I have not tried but I saw their price list and they cost the same as what the detailers here in Metro Manila charge.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    While I'm still treading the path to enlightenment using tips as to where to get started with my quest for knowledge on detailing, it occured to me that I actually have photos of my Diana attached to my blogs, so I'm posting them here again to present to you guys out there who'd like to help me out regarding the subject of this thread, e.g. questions on the shade, condition, etc., and ofcourse to facilitate a "better" assessment of her current condition and attain my goal of making it look like a show-car (albeit the fact that she's just entry-level ).

These photos were taken at Hacienda Luisita, Tarlac (with no intentions of presenting it as my "reflections" photo since I was entirely clueless about this subject matter prior to discovering Tsikot.COM some time last month whilst I was already offshore) the day I was leaving the country last February. Two days prior to this photo op I had my first try at "detailing" (if you could call it that) her by:

1. Washing her using TW shampoo, cleaning the glass with (if my memory serves me right) Armour-All Glass Cleaner.

2. Drying her with the synthetic chamois that my dealership threw in during my purchase, final drying done with diaper cloth.

3. Used TW wax (I'm not quite sure which type, since I wasn't enlightened just yet) using the applicator and buffing with some sort of a "cloth for waxing" I bought from a car accessories shop ( I don't think it was Ace Hardware (Car Section) - SM Baguio, but some place similar) and finishing off with my diaper cloths again.

4. The side and bumper beads were treated with Armour-All "protectant" I guess (y'know, the one you're supposed to use on your dash, etc. ) and the tires were done with Tire-Black if I'm not mistaken.

5. Vacuumed and did the interior with some spray cum brush cleaning product which I think is either TW or Armour-All. Did the dash and panels with Armour-All

Observations:

- I've got swirls (which I thought were "normal" prior to learning about it).

- I think I need more practice, it took me a good part of the day to do all of these, considering I started really early.

BTW: Added info, I have two really-really tiny pock marks, (1's just ahead of the right rear door handle and the other's just off to the upper-left hand portion of the bonnet (if you're facing the car)) must have been caused by stone chips when I went to have her spoiler, HMSL, mud-guard and door visor fitted since I just noticed them the day after. Would the "scratch removers" out there be able to fix this up? If I remember right, they're a just a little smaller than that of a fine-tipped marker pen. They seem to be deep according to my untrained eye.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rab
    *B2Bomber,

In San Fernando, La Union there's a Meguiar's detailer near Oasis Resort. If you're southbound go past Oasis and TYRESTAR Sales Corp, it's on the west side of the highway. I can't vouch for the quality of their job though 'coz I have not tried but I saw their price list and they cost the same as what the detailers here in Metro Manila charge.
    TY for the heads up RAB, I am aware of their presence though, but like you, I'm not quite sure about their job as well, who knows if they're just using the big Megs signboard to attract customers or something. IMHO.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    I hear Pledge works... I just dunno if it's a good idea
    You must really reckon I'm really daft? huh?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber
    While I'm still treading the path to enlightenment using tips as to where to get started with my quest for knowledge on detailing, it occured to me that I actually have photos of my Diana attached to my blogs, so I'm posting them here again to present to you guys out there who'd like to help me out regarding the subject of this thread, e.g. questions on the shade, condition, etc., and ofcourse to facilitate a "better" assessment of her current condition and attain my goal of making it look like a show-car (albeit the fact that she's just entry-level ).

These photos were taken at Hacienda Luisita, Tarlac (with no intentions of presenting it as my "reflections" photo since I was entirely clueless about this subject matter prior to discovering Tsikot.COM some time last month whilst I was already offshore) the day I was leaving the country last February. Two days prior to this photo op I had my first try at "detailing" (if you could call it that) her by:

1. Washing her using TW shampoo, cleaning the glass with (if my memory serves me right) Armour-All Glass Cleaner.
    That's fine.

2. Drying her with the synthetic chamois that my dealership threw in during my purchase, final drying done with diaper cloth.
    That's OK too, but if budget permits, grab waffle weave MFs for drying and dump the synth chamois... Search nalang regarding microfibers.

3. Used TW wax (I'm not quite sure which type, since I wasn't enlightened just yet) using the applicator and buffing with some sort of a "cloth for waxing" I bought from a car accessories shop ( I don't think it was Ace Hardware (Car Section) - SM Baguio, but some place similar) and finishing off with my diaper cloths again.
    If selection isnt that good, Turtle Wax Platinum is really, really good. Just use as directed by hand. Get waxing tips from the other posts. Use a foam applicator to apply.

4. The side and bumper beads were treated with Armour-All "protectant" I guess (y'know, the one you're supposed to use on your dash, etc. ) and the tires were done with Tire-Black if I'm not mistaken.
    Throw TIREBLACK away. Worse crap you can use on tires and rubber. With Armor All, follow instructions, 99% of people I ask NEVER follow instructions (meaning, they never let it dry and wipe off the stuff after applying...) RTFM in my profession hehe.

5. Vacuumed and did the interior with some spray cum brush cleaning product which I think is either TW or Armour-All. Did the dash and panels with Armour-All
    Vac often, as often as possible, that'll stop dirt on its track. Again, read my AA comment above.

Observations:

- I've got swirls (which I thought were "normal" prior to learning about it).
    It is normal. It's IMPOSSIBLE to have a swirl free car that you can actually use.

- I think I need more practice, it took me a good part of the day to do all of these, considering I started really early.
    Yes, eventually you'll get a routine and get things done much faster.

BTW: Added info, I have two really-really tiny pock marks, (1's just ahead of the right rear door handle and the other's just off to the upper-left hand portion of the bonnet (if you're facing the car)) must have been caused by stone chips when I went to have her spoiler, HMSL, mud-guard and door visor fitted since I just noticed them the day after. Would the "scratch removers" out there be able to fix this up? If I remember right, they're a just a little smaller than that of a fine-tipped marker pen. They seem to be deep according to my untrained eye.
    Depends, is the paint still there? If primer is showing, there's nothing you can do but to touch it up with paint. Basically if it feels indented (lubog) then you need to touch it up with paint, if it's tambok, then it can be buffed out.

Some scratches are thin enough to be removed by polishes and scratch removers.

Lastly, I like your car, but Hyundai paint jobs are by far some of the worse I've seen in terms of FINISHING. The orange peel is horrendous. Maybe that's why you feel that your car doesn't have that "wet look" effect... Grabe alon ng OEM Hyundai paint.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda ni diana ah,

pare congrats, just keep in clean by frequent washing, then glaze then seal...

its the ABC of detailing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Wet Look