New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^maybe try call 3M Philippines to check. to compare, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze has no wax or silicone and is clear coat safe.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^May IHG bottle na nakadisplay nung binili ko yung sachet sa ACE. Same ang nakaprint sa likod pati yung "Contains: Stoddard Solvent: White Mineral Oil (Petroleum) pH=7.8-8.0".
    Gamitin ko nga ito sa weekend pagkacarwash para masubukan. May nakalagay namang "paint shop safe" kaya understood na walang silicone.
    Mukhang ipapaulit ko din naman itong hood dahil may nakita akong mga tracers, pinholes at puno ng swirl marks.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I used the paint protector last saturday on the engine hood after doing a car wash.
    The color is creamy light beige.
    I think it's tough to remove if you let it dry too much.
    I applied a thin layer 1/2 of the hood at a time and then immediately removed and buffed at medyo mahirap na alisin. Extra effort is needed compared to say a nanoglos. It is similar to removing a dried turtle wax hard shell wax. 3 or more passes bago mawala totally yung excess product.
    The surfaced that I applied it too didn't have the slick feeling of a just waxed surface and i didn't notice any significant improvement in shine/gloss.
    Would not be using this again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    ^maybe try call 3M Philippines to check. to compare, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze has no wax or silicone and is clear coat safe.

Sir, advisable po ba to use this 3m IHG on a white car? Based on what ive read po kasi on other threads, white cars needs cleaner wax for it to shine. Thanks po.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaMan291503 View Post
    Sir, advisable po ba to use this 3m IHG on a white car? Based on what ive read po kasi on other threads, white cars needs cleaner wax for it to shine. Thanks po.
    Glaze is used after paint correction or polishing stage, and before applying wax/sealant. Basically, you use it on a car that is already clean and prep'd. You can use glaze on any color.

For white cars that has been neglected, you need to clean it first either by using cleaner wax or polish. Cleaner wax is a one-step product that contains both polish and wax. If you plan to use glaze, then don't use a cleaner wax. You want wax/sealant to be on top of the glaze and not the other way around.

So your steps should be: Finishing Polish --> Glaze --> Wax/Sealant

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I see. Thank you for the very informative chart sir red_one. :-)

I can classify mine under good condition since its a 3 month old GS creamy white. I just want it to be into detailing stuffs as early as now because its easier to maintain a fresh surface.

What brands would you recommend to that regimen sir? Kaio -> 3m IHG -> Collinite 845?

Thanks po.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I see. Thank you for the very informative chart sir red_one. :-)

I can classify mine under good condition since its a 3 month old GS creamy white. I just want it to be into detailing stuffs as early as now because its easier to maintain a fresh surface.

What brands would you recommend to that regimen sir? Kaio -> 3m IHG -> Collinite 845?

Thanks po.
    Meguiar's UP --> 3M IHG --> Collinite 845 (or other LSP)

if you want to go the Klasse route, then KSG na gamitin mo since it is already a glaze and designed for KAIO.

KAIO --> KSG

KAIO = Polish + Acrylic Sealant
    KSG = Glaze + Acrylic Sealant

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Ahh. Im learning a lot from you po sir. Thanks. :-)

Ill try to buy those products asap. But as of now what i have on my garage is only microtex nanofil and nanosil, and a turtle wax hard shell. Can i use those as a polish and a wax? Im planning to use it po muna sana while i dont have yet the products you mentioned. Any reviews on those three sir? Thanks po.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ahh. Im learning a lot from you po sir. Thanks. :-)

Ill try to buy those products asap. But as of now what i have on my garage is only microtex nanofil and nanosil, and a turtle wax hard shell. Can i use those as a polish and a wax? Im planning to use it po muna sana while i dont have yet the products you mentioned. Any reviews on those three sir? Thanks po.
    Nadiscuss na natin ang NanoFil and NanoSil in "Detailing Thread for Newbies" and "Tamang OC Lang" threads. Maganda rin discussions doon so be sure to back read there.

NanoFil and NanoSil hide blemishes and swirls by filling and sealing with nano particles. They do not remove the defects permanently. Once the products fades away, lilitaw ulit ang defects. Based on user comments, short lived lang ang effect nila so switch to better products pag naubos mo na.

Turtle Wax Essentials (Hard Shell) is not a bad product per se but there are better products. (I had used it a few times before I switched to Meg's Ultimate Wax). Turtle Wax has the ICE series as their premium line.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Ok po. Thank you very much sir for sharing your knowledge to us. Keep it up master red_one. :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wax or Sealant on New Paint?