New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Inoofferan kasi ako nung kakilala ko ng mga Meguiar's at Autoglym na products. Bago pa lang ako sa Auto detailing kaya di ko pa alam kung magkano mga presyo. Ito yung price list nya.

autoglym hi def is 5,000
    ultimate liquid wax, 3,000
    ulitmate polish, 1,500
    gold class paste wax, 2,500

Sulit ba kapag ganyang presyo?

Maraming Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Since bago ka pa lang sa detailing, dun ka muna sa Microtex products, less than 500 lang yun. Saka ka na mag ganyan. Not sure ako sa price kung fair yan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yes.. same here.. go with microtex products as well.. that's where I started.

also try to read around regarding other detailing guru's shared experiences so you can also estimate what you need or best product that can meet your preference.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sorry.. forgot to answer some of your questions...

im not sure on the current prices of the ones that you have listed above.. but definitely there are more prices lower and better products as compared that you have posted there.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cncrned_ctzen View Post
    Inoofferan kasi ako nung kakilala ko ng mga Meguiar's at Autoglym na products. Bago pa lang ako sa Auto detailing kaya di ko pa alam kung magkano mga presyo. Ito yung price list nya.

autoglym hi def is 5,000
    ulitmate polish, 1,500

Maraming Salamat!
    yup sulit yan, pero wag ka dito locally sa online ka bumili then pa ship mo thru pobox, johnnyair or whatever courier you want para mura..so far the best na wax na nagamit ko collinite $32 12 oz, matipid gamitin, very durable, and maganda yung gloss sa black car ko..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cncrned_ctzen View Post

autoglym hi def is 5,000
    ulitmate polish, 1,500

Maraming Salamat!
    At those prices? No way. The only one he's selling at less than retail in the Philippines is AD HD (retailing for 6,000 in the Philippine), and it's still massively overpriced compared to it's cost in the US or the UK (around $50, or ~2,250). The others? Here are the prices taken from Meguiar's PH:

ULW - 2,450
    UP - 1,195
    GCP - 1,620

So he's selling at a higher markup than Meguiar's PH, which already does over 100% markup vs US prices - why would you buy products from him? (Oh, one other thing - Ultimate Polish is a mild polish and paint cleaner, not a wax - it will leave no protection on your paint.) As others have mentioned, you can order items online from the US, and get them shipped via pobox or johnnyair, and still come out having saved money - and you'll also have a wider selection of products to choose from. Value for money for me would be the Collinite waxes (in particular Collinite 915), Duragloss (501, 601 and 105 would be my choices), and DP Poli-Coat paint sealant.
    Last edited by umi001; April 26th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, when it comes to prices I think bro Umi has you covered.

In any case, I'm not a big fan of Autoglym products. I think it's way too hyped.. I'd rather go for bang-per-buck products such as Optimum Technologies or Collinites. Duragloss isn't really available locally OTC so you'd have to ship that... their A+B epoxy sealant is pretty good value though as it's still alive on my car

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks a lot for the replies!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Maraming Salamat!