New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smarxist View Post
    Mga sir, anong soap ang gamit nyo panlinis sa wax applicator foam?
    Me, i use perla for the wax applicators and also the mf towels.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    The only way to permanently remove holograms is through polishing. These are caused by someone using a rotary polisher incorrectly - either moving the polisher too fast, and/or using an aggressive compound with doing a second step with a finer polish. Waxing will generally not remove these holograms, unless you are using an abrasive wax (or all-in-one) - depending on the severity of the holograms, it may hide some of it, but they'll re-appear as the wax wears off. Thankfully though, holograms are usually pretty light marring, and can easily be removed by a fine polish and a DA.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smarxist View Post
    Okay lang ba sabihin ko dito? Baka naman pag-initan ako ng casa.
    Okay lang yan. At least we know what casa to avoid. One victim is enough i believe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    It looks horrible pero holograms are probably the most minor of paint defects.

If you can maintain a swirl free paint for 6 months, then have it detailed. If not, pa wax at wait ka nalang till mag ka swirl at least. Baka hindi pa pawisan yung mag dedetail niyan, sayang lang. Pero of course, decision mo parin.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I used 3m Performance Finish last night, and minor swirls, scratches and holograms were completely gone (or hidden). The paint looks (consistently) mirror smooth right now. Not sure how long it'll last though.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by allenjo View Post
    Me, i use perla for the wax applicators and also the mf towels.
    ty sir. I used Ariel Color-lock. Dissolves minerals to a great extent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123