New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    We've recently moved homes, and previously we had Maynilad as our water provider. In our new place, we have Manila Water as the supplier. I noticed that now, mas madali mag watermark yung kotse; parang mas madikit yung tubig, and I feel that it has less cleaning power. Has anyone else noticed this difference? (There has been no change in my washing regimen or techniques.) Is this what they call hard water, as compared to Maynilad? I have no way else to compare the two, but it seems to me that there is a difference in quality of the waters and I notice it during washing the car.

Also, dati ang tagal ng buhay ng fleetwax ko; I could tell by the way it sheets after washing. Now, after one wash parang ang kapit uli ng tubig, pumapangit na yung sheeting. Will the water quality affect my wax, too? If so, mabilis mauubos wax ko nito...

I wonder if there is a way to "soften" hard water, given that it is harder water than Maynilad. I read somewhere, to soften water, add baking soda.

Inputs anyone? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    how: sprayed to bead on a newly cleaner waxed hood and let dry in the garage >24hours
    what: water from a 3-stage 10" kitchen filter: <1 micron ceramic filter, gac (activated carbon), cation/anion resin (mb-xxx) = water spots pa rin.
    then what: Fail.

try a different route. maybe a better brand named ion X resin will work. i'll settle for provincial rain water, no water spots.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Interesting info.
    I didn't know there was a water quality difference between Maynilad and Manila.
    We've been on Manila Water ever since, and yes, if my car accidentally got wet with water from the hose, I'd make sure to dry it or even go the full shampoo + rinse + dry route. Otherwise, my car will be covered with watermarks.

Akala ko ganon din yung Maynilad. Hindi pala.

Water for washing your car