New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i suggest starting with swirlx first. if things dont get better or no progress at all, switch to ultmate compound. use scratchx 2.0 for emergency scratches only.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    With the kind of weather and pollution we've got here, I think watermarks are unavoidable unless you can park in a covered garage. Me, I've got a covered garage at home, and basement parking at work.

My office is at The Fort -- very dusty. My route home<-> work goes through C5 or EDSA -- lots of pollution. Whenever it rains, and I don't wash or wipe off the water from my car after parking, I'll get very light water marks. Note ha -- covered parking na ako niyan.

One time, I had to park in the open at High Street. It rained a bit and the sun came out. When I got to my car -- mukhang inverse dalmatian na siya -- black car with white polka dots of encrusted mineral watermarks.

My car uses CARLACK + NXT2 + weekly application of NXT spray wax. It doesn't prevent watermark formation. However, it protects long enough to allow easy watermark removal basta't hindi siya pinatagal ng more than a day.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    at least, though there are spotting and possible etching, they only damage the sacrificial sealant/wax layer instead of damaging the clearcoat surface.

the purpose of the wax layer is to be a "sacficial layer" in addition to it providing additional gloss. this is the reason why it is important to have a good wax because it is your sole protection. its easier and cheaper to wax than to visit a body shop for re-painting

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Para Ordenance View Post
    Sa sabado ko na sya bibilhin dahil sa sabado na din daw magkakaroon sila ng clay bar so para tuloy tuloy na step by step.
    OK I lied about this one. Napadaan ako ng SM kanina at hindi ko na napigilang bumili ng scratch X. Dali-dali akong umuwi at sinubukan agad ito.

First, nagtry ako muna doon sa marks sa may side mirror. 1st application... 2nd... 3rd... aba parang nanipis. nakaabot yata ako ng 10th pero konti pa lang naalis. Tumigil ako at nagtry doon sa maliit na mark sa may fender. Naka 3rd application yata ako ng mapansin ko na naging light na ang marking, i tried to look it from afar and parang naging orange yata paint ko? May mga angle na parang kulay orange na yata yung paint.

Damn, nasobrahan yata ako sa pressure. Tinago ko na yung scratch eh I and don't wanna hold it again.

Doon sa side mirror, naging bright red na ang kulay pero may mga spots na ayaw maalis.

I think I didn't properly used the scratch x. Nagkamali ako ng paggamit. Nasobrahan ako sa paggamit.

I learned something today and I learned it the hardway.

Pababaayan ko na muna yung mga watermarks and let it serve its purpose - to remind me to be gentle using such products and mas lalong alagaan ang kotse ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ouch!

The color change is a likely sign that you've worn down your clearcoat and exposed the colored layer. The clearcoat is your first line of defense against the harsh elements.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    at least, though there are spotting and possible etching, they only damage the sacrificial sealant/wax layer instead of damaging the clearcoat surface.

the purpose of the wax layer is to be a "sacficial layer" in addition to it providing additional gloss. this is the reason why it is important to have a good wax because it is your sole protection. its easier and cheaper to wax than to visit a body shop for re-painting
    Yep! Good point. That 700-1000php bottle of wax (NXT) is gonna last me more than a year, even with regular use. 1k a year + 2 hours per weekend for washing + waxing is still cheaper than 20k-30k for a repaint. Pero nakakahighblood nga lang to see your 2hour weekend labor destroyed in 30 mins by a flash rain and a little sunshine.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Yep! Good point. That 700-1000php bottle of wax (NXT) is gonna last me more than a year, even with regular use. 1k a year + 2 hours per weekend for washing + waxing is still cheaper than 20k-30k for a repaint. Pero nakakahighblood nga lang to see your 2hour weekend labor destroyed in 30 mins by a flash rain and a little sunshine.
    pre, the feeling is the same. nakaka-abnoy talaga. kaya lang, sempre kasama sa buhay ng kahit anong sasakyan natin yan. not to mention of course the price of the consumables involved in maintaining a vehicle's finish.

try mo qd and spray wax in between regular waxes para medyo tipid. medyo ma-poprolong ang wax interval pag ganito.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Para Ordenance View Post
    OK I lied about this one. Napadaan ako ng SM kanina at hindi ko na napigilang bumili ng scratch X. Dali-dali akong umuwi at sinubukan agad ito.

First, nagtry ako muna doon sa marks sa may side mirror. 1st application... 2nd... 3rd... aba parang nanipis. nakaabot yata ako ng 10th pero konti pa lang naalis. Tumigil ako at nagtry doon sa maliit na mark sa may fender. Naka 3rd application yata ako ng mapansin ko na naging light na ang marking, i tried to look it from afar and parang naging orange yata paint ko? May mga angle na parang kulay orange na yata yung paint.

Damn, nasobrahan yata ako sa pressure. Tinago ko na yung scratch eh I and don't wanna hold it again.

Doon sa side mirror, naging bright red na ang kulay pero may mga spots na ayaw maalis.

I think I didn't properly used the scratch x. Nagkamali ako ng paggamit. Nasobrahan ako sa paggamit.

I learned something today and I learned it the hardway.

Pababaayan ko na muna yung mga watermarks and let it serve its purpose - to remind me to be gentle using such products and mas lalong alagaan ang kotse ko.
    bro try mo patira yung paint job sa labas.. estimate ka lang.. estimate ko dyan mga 5k. wala lang. just in case maisipan mo.. ganyan din nangyari sa akin. dahil din sa car cover. pinatira ko sa case. dinaan ko sa warranty.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    With the kind of weather and pollution we've got here, I think watermarks are unavoidable unless you can park in a covered garage. Me, I've got a covered garage at home, and basement parking at work.

My office is at The Fort -- very dusty. My route home<-> work goes through C5 or EDSA -- lots of pollution. Whenever it rains, and I don't wash or wipe off the water from my car after parking, I'll get very light water marks. Note ha -- covered parking na ako niyan.

One time, I had to park in the open at High Street. It rained a bit and the sun came out. When I got to my car -- mukhang inverse dalmatian na siya -- black car with white polka dots of encrusted mineral watermarks.

My car uses CARLACK + NXT2 + weekly application of NXT spray wax. It doesn't prevent watermark formation. However, it protects long enough to allow easy watermark removal basta't hindi siya pinatagal ng more than a day.
    As what you said i have also a covered car garrage and has a dust proof cover on it .What the problem is when it rain hard some of the water drift into the cover and make a watermark in the hood . I only use carnauba wax on it . I have not try the NXT spray wax.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Water on the car's surface acts as a magnifying glass. Kaya pag nabasa ng ulan then naarawan ay nagkakaroon ng watermarks. I usually ignore it. Kasi ilang washing lang (i seldom go to a carwash . . . more of a DIY) using the Turtle Wax shampoo at least once a week ay natatanggal din. Then I use Turtle Wax CLEANER WAX every 4 months.

Pero pag malala na e you might want to visit a specialty shop for some buffing job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wartermarks from dried-up car cover