New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Guys, try to use rain water in washing and rinsing your cars, guaranteed no water spots since rain water water is soft, unlike most tap water.

But if you live in Metro Manila and other highly urbanized cities, forget it. You will just be washing your car with acid rain.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually rain water is dirty. rain drops form on dust and salt particles, so for every drop of rain there are particles of dust and salt with it (salt comes from the sea spray that is carried by the wind high up into the atmosphere). this is true even if you live in the most remote island in the pacific. that is why you will find silt in the bottom of the container used for collecting rain water.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    you must be kidding, steeljack.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    rain water for car wash?? :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I don't know about your rain water but I've tried it and it worked - no water spots compared to our tap water.

Anyway, here in our place, the tap water is very hard, full of minerals.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well maybe that's just it, rain water in your area is cleaner than your tap water. is the water utility in your place pumped from underground sources? if so then it is highly possible that the water aquifer from where it is coming is salty or has plenty of dissolved minerals. as for metro manila tap water is cleaner than rain water (at least that's true where i'm at in quezon city).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    as I said earlier, this would never apply to polluted places like MM, but in our pristine and pollution-free farm, rain water is the better option.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Wilkins na lang. :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bongga ha!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Noong bata pa ako gamit ng mga mekaniko ng mga truck ng lolo ko tubig-ulan para sa baterya, distilled daw yung tubig ulan...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Use rain water in washing your car