New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing

Plus I doubt if you will have the patience in collecting rain water to wash your car. It's not applicable here in MM where leaving your car parked will guarantee thick dust accumulation,
    We have a rain-collecting system in our farm. We use the rain water collected to irrigate a portion of the farm so we save a lot on water bills, and as said earlier, to wash the vehicles and farm implements.

My father was aghast to rise early in the morning one day only to see me washing and detailing the John Deere tractor.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    I think that's the idea. When it rains, get exposed while washing you car. Double purpose ika nga. P.S. Iwasan mo lang pawisan, baka magkasakit ka.
    and how exactly would a guy perspire under the rain?

We have a rain-collecting system in our farm. We use the rain water collected to irrigate a portion of the farm so we save a lot on water bills, and as said earlier, to wash the vehicles and farm implements.
    It ain't applicable here in Metro Manila unless you want swirls all over your car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    as mentioned earlier and in a previous thread, this thread would give detailers the creeps hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well, some hardcore aquarium hobbyists actually prefer rain water kesa tap. mas banayad sa fishies i think. dunno if it extends to metal and paints though.

hmmm...i guess you can filter the rain water through some sort of cloth, let is settle for a couple of hours, and then just decant the topmost portion of water. siguro naman wala nang suspended deposits yan

kaso, depende rin siguro sa lugar ung quality ng rain water. pag medyo industrialized/polluted, chances are na contaminated yan. pag sa probinsya, wala dapat. ang pagkakaalam ko, wag mo muna icollect ung rain water for the first few minutes -- yan usually ung pinaka marumi

i remember an article in Reader's Digest regarding industrial pollution in the US(mga 70-80's pa ata to). in some areas, acid rain has the same level of acidity as vinegar! can you imagine what it would do to your car, or the environment for that matter?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zero
    tubig ulan? ang alam ko...

gamot daw yan sa bungang araw?
    oo nga! kaya wash ko car ko sa ulan kapag tinubuan ng bungang araw.

ngayon, kaya pa naman ng fissan kaya tap water muna. hirap maghugas pag umuulan. nakakabasa....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecker
    water spots won't happen if you properly dry your car, whether you use rain water or tap water
    exactly!!!

hmmm...i guess you can filter the rain water through some sort of cloth, let is settle for a couple of hours, and then just decant the topmost portion of water. siguro naman wala nang suspended deposits yan
    Thats too much work for just washing your car... Pa carwash mo na lang sa labas mas mura pa...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Use rain water in washing your car