Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zero
    tubig ulan? ang alam ko...

gamot daw yan sa bungang araw?
    nice one!!

pero rain water, not for me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    water spots won't happen if you properly dry your car, whether you use rain water or tap water

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    wlang water spots kapag rain water gamit? wow!
    ang alam ko lng di maganda ang rain water dahil may acids yan..
    gusto mo wilkins nlang distilled din yun.. hehe joke..
    wipe it hangan mawala ang water spots.. bili ka yung yellow na mag soak ng water.. di ko alam name nka limotan ko

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    You know what guys, may sense din yun rain water na sinabi ni steeljack . although i have to try it...

Usually when we go for a vacation in tagaytay(or go to our folks up in Baguio), the house we have there can only sit 1 car. The other car has to stay out. Light rain coupled with/or some mist(or mildew) forms overnight. When I'm too lazy(or if I forgot my wash kit) to wash the car the next day, I just leave it outside the whole afternoon. And amazingly, there are no hard water spots when it dries up. Sometimes I just QD it and viola! Ayos na. When I'm in manila, DACP na yun pantanggal ko ng water scales its hopeless to leave your car outside in M.M. - a detailing nightmare

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ok cguro ang rain water basta hindi polluted ang lugar... hindi lang talaga applicable to sa Manila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    You know what guys, may sense din yun rain water na sinabi ni steeljack . although i have to try it...

Usually when we go for a vacation in tagaytay(or go to our folks up in Baguio), the house we have there can only sit 1 car. The other car has to stay out. Light rain coupled with/or some mist(or mildew) forms overnight. When I'm too lazy(or if I forgot my wash kit) to wash the car the next day, I just leave it outside the whole afternoon. And amazingly, there are no hard water spots when it dries up. Sometimes I just QD it and viola! Ayos na. When I'm in manila, DACP na yun pantanggal ko ng water scales its hopeless to leave your car outside in M.M. - a detailing nightmare
    the "rain water" you speak of here is not rain but DEW. as i said in my previous post, rain drops form on dust and salt particles suspended in the air. DEW on the other hand is water vapor that condenses on solid oblects (like your car) when the temperature drops during the night. it will not have the same dirt and pollutants associated with rain water. it's like apples and oranges, they're not the same.

There's no beating a good detailing job on your car if you want maximum protection against the elements. It doesn't matter if you use tap water or distilled water when washing your car, you just have to dry off to prevent water spots.

Plus I doubt if you will have the patience in collecting rain water to wash your car. It's not applicable here in MM where leaving your car parked will guarantee thick dust accumulation,

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    it rain so much here in Seattle that I just let the rain do its job. Actually, I was thinking the same when its raining hard in here, just go ahead, scrub my truck and let the rain rinse it off.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    lakay.... it rains 10 months of the year there! hehehe kakatawa dyan whenever there's a slight ray of sun pa carwash agad lahat ng tao hehehe. pero ganda ng summer dyan. kung gano kadilim ang tag-ulan, ganun din kaliwanag (hanggang gabi) ang araw. kainis pa, during the coldest months of the year like in january... ice ang kalaban ng kotse mo. it's like your car has fangs on its bumper hehehe and we thought that rain was the worst thing we could have on cars

tama nga pag malakas ulan get your rain coat tas scrub/wash like hell then go back into the house hehehe..

yebo, well i know dew since they are fine particles of water. rain just leaves lots of water beads all over and... the ground is wet hehehe. I get exempted from watering the garden I dont know, it must be the NXT that I put on
    Last edited by cardo; November 14th, 2005 at 12:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Dati pagmalakas ang ulan sinasabayan ko ng car wash and goli hehe. Wala naman problema, tipid pa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Use rain water in washing your car