New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    rain water is not clean depende kung saan nakuha o nanggaling yun tubig, pag sa mining area me sulfur yun, so depende, meron din namang malinis but u cant be sure

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I doubt if there is still such a thing as pure rain water, given that particulates from emissions all over the globe are already blanketing the atmosphere which rain passes through.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO, it's totally inconvenient...
    - you have to wait for the rainy seasons to come to get "rain water"
    - you should also have a lot of water containers if you'll actually do this as well as a big space in your garage
    - and lastly since it's already the rainy season...i dont think you'll be bothering yourself to clean your car that often....

just my 2-cents

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon22701
    IMO, it's totally inconvenient...
    - you have to wait for the rainy seasons to come to get "rain water"
    - you should also have a lot of water containers if you'll actually do this as well as a big space in your garage
    - and lastly since it's already the rainy season...i dont think you'll be bothering yourself to clean your car that often....

just my 2-cents
    this is exactly what i'm thinking. the thread starter may be right, but who has time to gather enough rain water to properly wash a car? or is he saying that you should simply leave the car outside when it rains and then wipe it off? :hihihi:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    this is exactly what i'm thinking. the thread starter may be right, but who has time to gather enough rain water to properly wash a car? or is he saying that you should simply leave the car outside when it rains and then wipe it off? :hihihi:
    Apply some shampoo first before it rains, and let the sun do the drying

It doesn't really matter where you get the rainwater. Evaporated water doesn't fall as rain in the same place because of this thing called "wind".
    Last edited by StraightSix; November 11th, 2005 at 02:55 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    can't do for me..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    No ways. Rainwater is distilled thus vulnerable to acids.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tubig ulan? ang alam ko...

gamot daw yan sa bungang araw?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i've tried it myself lots of times. sa experience ko lang compared to tapwater it won't give you waterspots. di kasi nahahalata waterspots sa tapwater kasi pinupunasan agad :D Pero try mo sya matuyo normally dami spots. Lalo na sa akin, black ang car color.

Kaya lang who would wait for the rain to pour first bago maglinis ng car nya? :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zero
    tubig ulan? ang alam ko...

gamot daw yan sa bungang araw?
    I think that's the idea. When it rains, get exposed while washing you car. Double purpose ika nga. P.S. Iwasan mo lang pawisan, baka magkasakit ka.
    Last edited by leinahtan; November 11th, 2005 at 11:48 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Use rain water in washing your car