New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin14 View Post
    nag pa back job ako sa casa nung pangit ung paint last time.
    then ang nabasa ko diba bawal i-wax ang newly painted panel ng sasakyan?
    tinanong ko sa casa kung ilang days bago ko pwede i-wax.
    ang sagot saken pwede na daw anytime
    then dagdag pa nya is may wax na daw un pagkatapos pinturahan. ganun daw sa casa??
    ano kaya mangyayari sakin nito?
    baka polish lang ginawa nila. alam mo naman madalas di alam ang difference between wax and polish. kung gusto mo makasiguro, carwash mo ng joy dishwashing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    baka polish lang ginawa nila. alam mo naman madalas di alam ang difference between wax and polish. kung gusto mo makasiguro, carwash mo ng joy dishwashing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    mas okay po kaya na tanggalin ko ung wax with joy dishwashing or pabayaan ko nalang ung wax dun if ever na meron nga?

3. Join Date
    May 2021
    Question regarding Hilamos

What exactly is hilamos? You rub the paint down to the primer and paint the car in the factory color (of what color it is) or you just rub the paint and spray on a new coat?

I'm asking because the Montero I bought has some minor scratches and small dents and I'm thinking of having those fixed, and I don't think it needs a whole body paint job. Do paint shops do repairs of defects and still be able to match the paint with the rest of the untouched panels or I really have to have the whole vehicle repainted?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hilamos is just repainting the whole car and fix minor dents.

They do not rub the paint to primer. Mostly rub the panel to remove wax and make sure new paint adheres to the old paint. Minsan spray muna ng primer
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Sharp Man View Post
    Question regarding Hilamos

What exactly is hilamos? You rub the paint down to the primer and paint the car in the factory color (of what color it is) or you just rub the paint and spray on a new coat?

I'm asking because the Montero I bought has some minor scratches and small dents and I'm thinking of having those fixed, and I don't think it needs a whole body paint job. Do paint shops do repairs of defects and still be able to match the paint with the rest of the untouched panels or I really have to have the whole vehicle repainted?
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    May 2021
    Ah ok. But can shops do per defect repair and paint instead of painting the whole car? Except for some of the small defects, my car paint looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Hilamos is just repainting the whole car and fix minor dents.

They do not rub the paint to primer. Mostly rub the panel to remove wax and make sure new paint adheres to the old paint. Minsan spray muna ng primer

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Sharp Man View Post
    Ah ok. But can shops do per defect repair and paint instead of painting the whole car? Except for some of the small defects, my car paint looks ok.
    Opo. Puwede per panel. May mga body shops na okay mag match ng color. May iba naman na hindi. Pero iyon, kahit okay ang match, hindi pa din 100%. 90+% siguro? Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it is difficult to match perfectly the new paint with the old.
    older paint kasi, usually has shifted a bit, what with weathering and the effects of sunlight's ultraviolet light.
    even if the paint shop perfectly reproduces the factory paint code, the newly painted panel is usually noticeably slightly different.
    i am sure, you notice this in many cars that you scrutinize.
    that is why, some owners opt for a full hilamos, so that all the panels and segments of the car have exactly the same paint hue.

what about my car?
    kuripot kami. yung may tama lang ang pinapintura namin.
    minor dents are usually kasama na sa job.

good luck.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it is difficult to match perfectly the new paint with the old.
    older paint kasi, usually has shifted a bit, what with weathering and the effects of sunlight's ultraviolet light.
    even if the paint shop perfectly reproduces the factory paint code, the newly painted panel is usually noticeably slightly different.
    i am sure, you notice this in many cars that you scrutinize.
    that is why, some owners opt for a full hilamos, so that all the panels and segments of the car have exactly the same paint hue.

what about my car?
    kuripot kami. yung may tama lang ang pinapintura namin.
    minor dents are usually kasama na sa job.

good luck.
    The cheat is to spray & fade an entire side, not just a panel. You won't see the left & the right in 1 stare anyway.Usapang PINTURA

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The cheat is to spray & fade an entire side, not just a panel. You won't see the left & the right in 1 stare anyway.Usapang PINTURA

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    you're right.
    but it drives the cost up.
    un-acceptable!
    sabihin ko na lang, "harlequin look".
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yung mga scratches sa door handle can be corrected ba using rubbing compound?

If yes, what’s your recommended rubbing compound? Turtle wax is okay?

After rubbing compound, can i apply clear coating again?
    If yes, how? Any recommended clear coating?

Yung accessible na products that work sana for diy…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usapang PINTURA