New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello Fellow tsikoteers,
    Good day to all!
    I need you opinions, experiences & expert advice on car paint.
    Im saving up money for paint washover (hilamos).
    My old car has Anzahl urethane paint & it has many small bits of imperfection all over the car. A little fading here, little chip there, small scratch here, some bubbles here etc!
    Here are my concerns:

• Im thinking of just using Acrylic paint to paint over the previous Anzahl. Is this advisable or chemically possible?
    • Should I go Acrylic over Urethane?
    • My concern as well is the cost of Urethane vs Acrylic. Tight budget.
    • Based on my experience, I find it easier to maintain Acrylic than Urethane(Anzahl) in the sense of minor repairs. Kasi Anzahl, when I have it repaired buong panel pipinturahan. While Acrylic, pwedeng konting masilya then spot & buff na.
    • Yes, matibay, maganda & mas makintab ang Urethane but on a good preparation pwede pumantay ang Acrylic sa tibay, ganda & kintab - am I correct on this?

Lots of arguments come to mind. Im in a dilemna myself.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro, you can check this link out to read about the difference. Although medyo biased since they use urethane paints, I can still vouch for their services since sila bumuga sa dati kong sasakyan. Personally, urethane is the way to go.

http://thewetlook.com.ph/consumer.htm#paints

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Bro, you can check this link out to read about the difference. Although medyo biased since they use urethane paints, I can still vouch for their services since sila bumuga sa dati kong sasakyan. Personally, urethane is the way to go.

http://thewetlook.com.ph/consumer.htm#paints
    Thanks ssaloon. Very tempting to go Urethane!

Urethane or Acrylic paint