New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013

with no reaction to paint, this would be the ultimate paint protection, rust proofing, undercoating etc..
    sana umabot agad sa philippines to. currently translucent palang daw ang available pero eventually mag lalabas din sila nang transparent.
    it should eventually be a standard in car factories para laging mukang bago ang auto. with proper care it should last for years.

cant wait to get a sample of these..

Ever Dry | UltraTech International Inc.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ayos ito pag na spray over sa car paint

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Ayos ito pag na spray over sa car paint
    imagine kung eto ang top coat nang mga auto natin, hindi na kailangan mag pa detail! daming maluluging detailers.

cant wait to get my monty coated with this.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    We've been discussing similar super-hydrophobic coatings on detailing forums for over a year now - look up never wet. The problem with using it on auto paint is that the nano-structures responsible for this water repellancy are very fragile, and hence don't stand up well to any sort of abrasion - even just dust hitting the car at high speed, or wiping the car clean with an MF. They'll need to address that issue before it can realistically be used on exterior automobile applications.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Could be better than Neverwet. At least they stated the mode of application, two-part spray is simple enough.

Durability-wise, if it stays on for a month, I'll take it but have to wait for the price tag. They stated that outdoors without abrasion, and on static(non-moving?) objects it can last "many years". Still good.

Neverwet iirc is about $100 or 4000Phph per 250ml, which is a deal breaker. But who knows. It's kinda cool to drive around on rainy days on a super hydrophobic car.
    Last edited by indiej; February 14th, 2013 at 02:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'll want to test that out once available locally. Until that time, it's still regular waxing for me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    if im not mistaken i think i saw neverwet somewhere, sila ata yung meron de spray... anyhow im not sure if everdry is an enhanced version or not, hopefully it is, but until such time they release a transparent version i dont thinks its going to hit mainstream on exterior automobile.

pero i agree with indiej, if price is right even if it only last for a week to a month id take it! i can imagine driving thru a rain untouched and dry!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Both do not dry clear and non resistant to abrasion or pressure washer. everdry is a two part system best sprayed on thru paint sprayer. One liter per part totals Php 6800.

Next!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    We've been discussing similar super-hydrophobic coatings on detailing forums for over a year now - look up never wet. The problem with using it on auto paint is that the nano-structures responsible for this water repellancy are very fragile, and hence don't stand up well to any sort of abrasion - even just dust hitting the car at high speed, or wiping the car clean with an MF. They'll need to address that issue before it can realistically be used on exterior automobile applications.
    Maybe we should ship one for testing? :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Here's a nice series of tests done by Ars Technica, with some scientific analysis at the end:

The Internet-demanded, partially scientific testing of Ultra-Ever Dry (in HD!)

Not very useful for automobile usage (unless you don't mind re-applying every couple of weeks, and having a white-chalky look to your car :D), but hopefully more research into materials and technologies with similar properties will help improve the products that we use for detailing.