New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I used to buy 3M and Turtle Wax pero after looking at displays in several auto shows, , I thought my stuff just cant cut it. I tried other brands but I just couldn't see any difference.

After reading this thread, and several other articles, I figured it has something to do with the way I wax/polish my car. Hence, last weekend, I dug my old turtle wax out of the garage, try to apply what I learned on this forum and voila.

Steps:
    1. Wash : 3M Wash and Wax (rinse via water sheating method)
    2. Dry using Microtex Chamoise
    2. Applied (thin layers) 3M Imperial Hand Glaze using 2 sets of "pranela" (applicator + buffing)
    3. Applied TurtleWax Carnauba Wax (Green Bottle - Liquid) using BND ROP
    4. Buff using "pranela"
    5. Buff using Microtex Ultra Plush

Now, If only we had better roads here at the province.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hmm... interesting. pranela did not induce any swirls? ok yun.

for me, I use TW liquid wax super hard shell (green) on my stock rims. I've sealed them with Geki and then waxed it with TW. added protection and the clean-up of brake dust and tar is easier. it also limited the use of a wheel cleaner (EO A2Z).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've been using turtle wax. No complaints naman. Pero I'm trying different kinds to test brand is better. So far, TW is fine with me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    As for the Pranela not causing swirls, I guess its because pang-tangal lang siya ng residue, final buffing is still thru Microtex UltraPlush.

That was Friday Afternoon WorkOut (Waxing).
    Saturday and Sunday - garahe,
    Monday - bird dropping sa hood at bubong, tilamsik ng putik sa likod at tagiliran;

kaunting spray ng Meguiars QD, OK na uli. Smooth pa yung buffing, meaning OK pa yung Wax.

Tuesday, puro alikabok sa parking noong umaga, bumuhos ang ulan sa hapon , nagputik ang hood, trunk at bubong. May tilamsik din ng putik sa tagiliran at likod.

Wednesday Morning, before going to work - Konting Meguiars QD - smooth pa rin pero big difference prior Tuesday's rainfall. I guess that's the problem with the TurtleWax I used => Nawa-washoff siya sa heavy downpour. Still there, but signifantly reduced.

Does anybody know if the same thing holds true for more expensive waxes?

By the way, I stand corrected at the shampoo. I used Turtlewax ZIP Wash and Wax pala. Good thing with this product is, para ka na rin ngang nakapag-was. Walang beading and protection, pero ang ganda ng shine nya after buffing.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    turtle wax user here for 2 years, ok naman..though i've been hearing about mother's...where can i buy this stuff? ala kasi dito sa gapo nun, eh...sa sm san fernando ba, meron kaya?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    most of the answers to the queries here can be found sa Detailing Thread...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    with regard to quality of shine ok naman ang turtle wax but protection not that sure pati i believe nagiiwan ng powdery residue ang turtle wax. mothers and meguiars are good but i personally prefer formula113 not because I cater to the product but because of personal experience. I've tried almost every other product there is in the market but i was satisfied only with formula113.

www.waxdaddy.ph

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ok

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I've been researching for quite a while now if Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell is indeed mildly abrasive. I have a new Adventure and because its new, I want a wax that will just protect my vehicle and give it a nice shine. I was thinking if Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell was a good 'final' wax since I saw it being used in the Mitsubishi Dealership I bought the Adventure from.

However, I became a bit concerned after reading somewhere that TW Super Hard Shell has some mild abrasives so I did a lot of research. There were only a lot of speculation in the different car forums here and abroad and many are not sure if TW-SHS had abrasive agents. So I decided to research deeper into the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) of the product and did not find any indication of solid particle ingredients - just wax, water, solvents and additives.

However I stumbled across this FAQ page that Turtle Wax had in one of their official websites.

Turtle Wax > FAQs

These are some of their own answers in their FAQ page (You can read the rest in the link above):

What is the difference between wax & polish?
    The terms ‘wax’ and ‘polish’ are used interchangeably today. Most waxes and polishes contain mild cleaning agents (safe for clear coat finishes) which remove old wax, minor scratches and everyday oxidation. All polish and wax products clean, shine and protect, unless otherwise stated on the label where a polishing compound will clean and shine only.

Why is some of my car's colour coming off onto the cloth when waxing my car?
    The paint that you see on the cloth is dead paint caused by oxidation. It is necessary to remove this oxidised paint in order to maintain shine and protection. Most cars have clear coat finishes and residual colour will not be seen on the polishing rag.

After this research I'm seriously switching to Mother's Carnauba Wax / Wax and Polish Product Line. Make a wild guess why...

They're always stocked full in Ace Hardware SM Sucat for those who are looking...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I've been researching for quite a while now if Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell is indeed mildly abrasive. I have a new Adventure and because its new, I want a wax that will just protect my vehicle and give it a nice shine. I was thinking if Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell was a good 'final' wax since I saw it being used in the Mitsubishi Dealership I bought the Adventure from.

However, I became a bit concerned after reading somewhere that TW Super Hard Shell has some mild abrasives so I did a lot of research. There were only a lot of speculation in the different car forums here and abroad and many are not sure if TW-SHS had abrasive agents. So I decided to research deeper into the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) of the product and did not find any indication of solid particle ingredients - just wax, water, solvents and additives.

However I stumbled across this FAQ page that Turtle Wax had in one of their official websites.

Turtle Wax > FAQs

These are some of their own answers in their FAQ page (You can read the rest in the link above):

What is the difference between wax & polish?
    The terms ‘wax’ and ‘polish’ are used interchangeably today. Most waxes and polishes contain mild cleaning agents (safe for clear coat finishes) which remove old wax, minor scratches and everyday oxidation. All polish and wax products clean, shine and protect, unless otherwise stated on the label where a polishing compound will clean and shine only.

Why is some of my car's colour coming off onto the cloth when waxing my car?
    The paint that you see on the cloth is dead paint caused by oxidation. It is necessary to remove this oxidised paint in order to maintain shine and protection. Most cars have clear coat finishes and residual colour will not be seen on the polishing rag.

After this research I'm seriously switching to Mother's Carnauba Wax / Wax and Polish Product Line.

You can probably guess why...

They're always stocked full in Ace Hardware SM Sucat for those who are looking...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
TurtleWAX - good or bad?