New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hi, I drive a 2004 Toyota Revo. Last year, a moron sideswiped my wife (who was driving) and scratched the left front bumper, as shown below

Since my wife and I both work, we didn't have the time to have it repair. Further, we thought that its better to have it repaired at a later date kasi baka madagdagan pa ang gasgas. The picture below happened recently, this time, on the rear right door, hindi na namin alam what caused it. Shown below:

I found out yesterday that if I make a claim. These 2 incidents will have a participation fee of 2K each .I'm thinking of just to make only a claim on the the most recent scratch (rear right door) because tinamaan ang sticker trim, i think that is expensive and worth the 2K participation. Then pagawa ko na lang separately yung front bumper scratch (assuming walang 2K ito)
    Would appreciate anyone's advice on this. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, kung di pa kita primer nyan (medyo di ko masyadong ma-spot sa pics), baka kayanin pa yan sa konting rubbing/detailing.

yung sa 1st pic, nagkaroon din ako nyan eh, when i accidentally bumped a big plant box at the alabang town center. tyagaan lang sa ka-rurubbing compound, nawala. tapos, topped it with wax and buffed it.

pwera na lang kung may dents.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Pdr!

Based on the pics...

In top part of the first pic, looks like the paint is chipped off. While the area near the fog lights isn't a scratch, just paint transfered, it will require some polishing. Please be warned, rubbing compound should be your last option.

2nd pic will require PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) and some polishing to atleast mask the scratch a little bit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1st pic: Repaint - kita na bumper plastic
    2nd pic: Hand buffable (except for sticker of course)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    guys, thanks a lot.

1. for the repainting of the front bumper - who would you recommend.

2. as for the pdr - i'd luv to take this option but since nadamay ang sticker, i'm more inclined to make a claim since i think the sticker itself is expensive sa casa

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    1. for the whole bumper repaint, i think it will also cost you above 2K kung quality paint ang gagamitin but i am not sure about it, baka kasi hindi mag-pantay ang color ng bumper kung part nung damage/scratch lang i-repaint

2. pwede ba i-claim ang PDR sa insurance? sana pede hehe; regarding sa sticker, above 3K yata isang set nyan sa casa,

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks revoGSX. i actually had pdr last sunday. 1K for the dents on the door and my right rear bumper (didn't post a pic of this since its barely noticeable). galing talaga ni rovic and ronald!

following ronald's advice, i'll just get the whole front bumper repaired. sayang daw ang factory paint kung paparetouch ko ang door.

he mentioned that there is a place in banawe that sells the same type of sticker trim and would be able to copy the pattern on the door. has anybody heard of this? would appreciate your replies. tyvm!

Toyota Revo dings/scratches, Which repair option