New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed,

NU FINISH the once a year car polish;
    nakita ko to sa cabinet ni erpat. tagal na to nakatago, siguro 2 yrs na. wala naman expiration date. P1790 price tag nya. rated #1 daw by consumer magazines.. form the makers of NU VINYL. moneyback guarantee pa to shine better than any other car polish or treatment. okay ba to?

ano to wax? polish? cleaner? glaze?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NU Finish is a good restoration polish/wax...

This is basically a combo product, chemical cleaner + light polish + polymer + wax resins...

If you use this on a neglected car, talagang one to two passes balik kintab sya, malakas ang oxidation cleaner neto... It stinks like hell though, lakas ng petrol smell...

If your car is pretty new, I wouldn't suggest using this coz matapang nga sya... Try mo muna sa underside ng hood, you can remove years of dirt with that stuff...

It's not a bad product, but I don't recommend it for a maintenance product... Kung madumi ang paint mo, use it once, then maintain with other products nalang.

P1790 mahal nya sobra ah, madami pa sa Concorde ngayon nyan, cheaper than than...

BTW, liquid or paste? Mas madali gamitin yung paste.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit sa ibang detailing forums ay galit na galit sila
    diyan sa Nu-Finish? (Parang galit nila sa Armor-All)
    Di naman daw actually "once-a-year" but more
    like "once-every-other-month"..
    Well, I don't know coz I haven't used that..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed,

thanks for your reply. yung price na 1790.00 is 2pcs. of 20 FL.OZ. bottles. Its liquid. tapang nga ng amoy... amoy rubbing compound. thanks for the info. gez i'll just keep these na lang ulit until luma na yung kotse. sealed pa naman yung 1 bote eh, so i dont think matutuyo sya. yung nabuksan kong 1 bote, gagamitin ko na lang sa mga older cars namen.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there's no such thing as once a year, once every 6 months, etc etc na wax, polish sealant, etc... it's all marketing... people must learn how to read beyond what's printed... given the right condition, even an off-the-shelf turtle wax green will last a year... if you store it right... you can use the most durable paint protection out there but its longevity is still dependent on the conditions that you present them... even an unprotected paint can last ages if you keep it under a roof....

TJMaxx: most detailing forums are "advanced" users and have this snob appeal on off-the-shelf grocery brands like turtle, armour all, nufinish, finish 2001, etc etc... some claims are true, while others simply jump on the "bash the cheap" bandwagon... Like I said, Nu Finish is not a premium item, but it does have its uses... A lot of people have had great success with this product... especially for newbies that don't wanna hassle on compounding, polishing and waxing their cars... this is a good alternative for those neglectful owners...

Try something and use it correctly before rating anything, it doesn't matter what anybody (including me) says, in the end, it's how well a product works on your schedule, skill and paint that'll make the decision...

Personally, if somebody wants to get their car detailed but has no plans to maintain it religiously, this is a great product to use to get rid of old, oxidized paint and bring out a good shine, then just seal it with a good wax...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mr. theveed, since we are at it na..question naman... do you advise putting wax (o glazed polish) sa car every week o after every wash? i usually wash my car kasi by myself and sometimes talagang nakakatamad na lalo na kung wala kang polisher.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's best to renew the wax layer as often as possible... from time to time, you may need to strip off old waxes to minimize buildup... personally, i wax 2x a week if the weather/time permits, if not i can stretch it up to a month before re-waxing... frequent waxing reduces the need of future polishing coz the paint won't be exposed directly to wear and tear

theveed, okay ba yung NU FINISH: the once a year car polish?