New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    102
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sa Sonata mo gagamitin diba?

    Punta ka Big Berts sir. Bili ka sa kanila nung Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. For only 1K pesos.

    Sabayan mo na rin ng paint protection kung hindi mo pa napapalagyan.

    Crystal White pa naman yan.
    actually for my 2 yr old montero. i want to preserve the glossy. sayang i bought already the eagle one nano wax carnauba. and the 3rd step meguiar. wala kasi akong tiwala sa sales lady na 3in1 ang eagle one. so my plan is apply the eagle one nano paste wax and then seal it with the 3rd step meguiar...do you think its ok?

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    21,343
    #22
    I guess it's ok.

    Let's wait for Madkatz to comment.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    102
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I guess it's ok.

    Let's wait for Madkatz to comment.
    oh ok btw regarding bigberts i also like to let them paint protect my sonata but i like waxing the car so is it still advisable to have it paint protected?? sorry newbi questions

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    21,343
    #24
    Yes. Advisable parin.

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    102
    #25
    iam a little bit confuse while reading some threads regarding sealant and wax. some says wax 1st then sealant, and some says sealant 1st then wax? which is which?

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,421
    #26
    *rsyu_88

    pwede mo rin basahin itong thread... informative ito.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=72554&page=24

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,553
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rsyu_88 View Post
    actually for my 2 yr old montero. i want to preserve the glossy. sayang i bought already the eagle one nano wax carnauba. and the 3rd step meguiar. wala kasi akong tiwala sa sales lady na 3in1 ang eagle one. so my plan is apply the eagle one nano paste wax and then seal it with the 3rd step meguiar...do you think its ok?
    Well lets just put it this way, EO NW is actually a cleaner wax, and yes in the smallest and simplest essence its like a 3 in 1 product, it has mild cleaners to remove very very mild oxidized paint so this makes it sort of a weaker version of step 1, it also has fillers to fill swirls and light scratches so it sort of functions as a glaze which is step 2, it offers protection but not as long as compared to those pure waxes and sealant which is step 3, so to simplify it its like all Step 1, 2 and 3 made weaker in their different respective jobs and rolled into one product, of course you could still get the best results from using solo Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 products, as for your next question, its perfectly fine to apply Step 3 over EO, but to obtain the maximum protection and benefit you need to cure the previous layer of wax ( in this case EO NW ) for at least 4 hours to a maximum of 8 hours before you put on Step 3, this would sort of boost your current protection

    As for the sealant and wax question, the general rule of thumb is, the toughest goes in first, so in most cases its sealant first and then wax, most sealants out there can really outlast waxes except for some waxes that are as tough as sealant, even with this case sealants go in first before waxes, now if you have a Collinite wax that would last a really really long time and have a cheapo wax from some unknown manufacturer that only gives you 2 weeks then i would tell you to put on the wax first before the sealant, but even if you do that certain sealant can migrate towards the paint, one example of the is Opti-seal which when applied over wax in a matter of hours will reposition itself towards the paint putting the wax to the outer layer, there are a lot of different scenario's to consider but 90% of the time its sealants first before wax

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    102
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    Well lets just put it this way, EO NW is actually a cleaner wax, and yes in the smallest and simplest essence its like a 3 in 1 product, it has mild cleaners to remove very very mild oxidized paint so this makes it sort of a weaker version of step 1, it also has fillers to fill swirls and light scratches so it sort of functions as a glaze which is step 2, it offers protection but not as long as compared to those pure waxes and sealant which is step 3, so to simplify it its like all Step 1, 2 and 3 made weaker in their different respective jobs and rolled into one product, of course you could still get the best results from using solo Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 products, as for your next question, its perfectly fine to apply Step 3 over EO, but to obtain the maximum protection and benefit you need to cure the previous layer of wax ( in this case EO NW ) for at least 4 hours to a maximum of 8 hours before you put on Step 3, this would sort of boost your current protection

    As for the sealant and wax question, the general rule of thumb is, the toughest goes in first, so in most cases its sealant first and then wax, most sealants out there can really outlast waxes except for some waxes that are as tough as sealant, even with this case sealants go in first before waxes, now if you have a Collinite wax that would last a really really long time and have a cheapo wax from some unknown manufacturer that only gives you 2 weeks then i would tell you to put on the wax first before the sealant, but even if you do that certain sealant can migrate towards the paint, one example of the is Opti-seal which when applied over wax in a matter of hours will reposition itself towards the paint putting the wax to the outer layer, there are a lot of different scenario's to consider but 90% of the time its sealants first before wax
    very well said

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    102
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    *rsyu_88

    pwede mo rin basahin itong thread... informative ito.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=72554&page=24
    tnx for the info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Tested the scratch-filling capability of the Eagle One Nanowax