New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use WD40 rin sa mga maliliit na spots ng tar and asphalt. medjo mahirap lang tanggalin yung mga medjo malalaki at makakapal na tar using WD40.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, you need to do it again and again until the thick tar thins out... hassle... parang snot hehe...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my case, MC works fine for me:D Cheap din, at P30 a pop. Just remember to wash your car after, hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako as what theveed is using is yung spray on 3m tar remover. effective sya. easy to use pa (parang endorser ah.):mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok to ah, ako nga may mga tars din sa gilid. Ngayon ko lang na REALIzE na TARS pala yung mga dark spots sa may fenders and ilalim ng rear bumper sides. So bili nalang ako ng 3M tar remover.:roll:

Thanks a lot guys, its nice to read, read, read.....this informative stuffs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed,

how do i remove asphalt/tar that has hardened already? i tried kerosene to no avail . . . but my procedure must have been wrong kaya di natanggal. kaya ba ito ng tar remover? thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tar doesn't really harden, it may thicked due to quantity, but di sya titigas...

The key is to scrape away the tar little by little from the top. Meaning, ang objective mo is not to scrape the thick tar off the paint, but to thin the tar to a level na matatanggal na sya sa paint ng kusa...

Visualize mo isang mountain, you scrape the tip of the mountain konti konti (using tar remover or kerosene and cloth) then keep scraping the TOP off until the mountain is level to the ground... At this point, just soak the tar and it should wipe right off...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mr. Theveed,

How about on overspray of rusproofing paint on a 2 month old repainted surface? Will the bug & tar remover or WD40 be safe to use to remove those overspray?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    pinaka cheapest is kerosine and/or paint thinner
    Thinner siguradong tangal lahat!

Kerosine lang punas lang ng punas hangang matangal.

Happed to me few weeks ago, dust ng tar ang dumale sa buong katawan ng kotse. Maghapon akong nag rub ng tar...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Can't we use Pre-Wax Cleaner?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
tar removers