New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 778 of 784 FirstFirst ... 678728768774775776777778779780781782 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    My car doesn’t have swirl marks & it’s 3.5 years old already. I wash the car like once a month (or once every 1.5 months) using a Bosch power washer. I pre-rinse by using the Bosch to wash off the grit first then use a shampoo with the washer to soften the dirt clinging to the car, use shampoo in a bucket & mf mittens (with those fingers) from roof down then Bosch it again to rinse. I use a honeycomb mf to dry, blowdry crevices then the last I take care of are the tyres. I usually wax after I wash.

If I have to wash too often, it definitely will scratch the paint & frequent washings with shampoo washes off the wax. Usually it will be covered with dust again the next day. I do not dust the car off with dusters or anything. The most I do is blow off the dust with the blower.

The most I let the car go w/o washing is 2 months. Enen if I look at the paint against flourescent lighting, I dont see swirls. Also, parking the car under the sun will eventually dull the paint.

I think I am in the wrong thread cause I’m not OC with washing my car. I am OC with dents though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Few of my go to products. Many more nakatago.

PS: any one looking for Meg's Hyper Dressing? I've got a unused gallon at home. Hit me up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I tried this MTX Glaz Crystal FX it beads tighter and longer over the c2v3 and 915/845. Making them obsolete but nothing beats the joy of buffing out hazed wax.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I tried this MTX Glaz Crystal FX it beads tighter and longer over the c2v3 and 915/845. Making them obsolete but nothing beats the joy of buffing out hazed wax.
    I've used this.

The gloss isn't spectacular. Kumakapit pa rin ang dumi & splatters, but I've noticed that the dirt is much easier to rinse off with a hose compared with our other waxes (Mother's & TW).

Parang mas effective din yung hydrophobic properties niya compared to the 2 waxes I've mentioned pag naabutan ka ng sudden rain shower, etc. (para kang nag rain-x for the car body, compared to the usual beading lang)

Overall though, I feel conventional waxes (paste or liquid) still offer more over-all protection and last longer kaya won't be a repeat customer. Perhaps sa rainy season lang siguro...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    May nakasubok na ba nito Chinese made DA Polisher?

220V 1250W 5inch & 6Inch Car Polisher Dual Action Polisher Variable Speed Burnish Buffing Machine Home DIY Car Polisher Orbital Dual Action Buffer M8 DA Waxing Tools Power Sander
    ₱6,776.00

22V 125W 5inch & 6Inch Car Polisher Dual Action Polisher Variable Speed Burnish Buffing Machine Home DIY Car Polisher Orbital Dual Action Buffer M8 DA Waxing Tools Power Sander | Lazada PH

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    this guy cleaning the pads ... is the most satisfying thing in detailing....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    this guy cleaning the pads ... is the most satisfying thing in detailing....

back in the day,
    long before mr miyagi's tutelage of daniel-san (wax on, wax off),
    long before power tools,
    there was Simonize.
    i assure you,
    it built muscles.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    tamang OC tip: sa mga gustong mag engine cleaning o wash diyan but afraid to use water, you can try using tire foam cleaner. mas madaling gamitin, just spray the foam cleaner sa engine bay, let it linger a bit then punas2x na lang. less hassle sa degreaser na need pa banlawan, no need na din magapply ng dressing at parang wet look and shiny na siya after. effective rin sa interior cleaning sa mga upuan, trims, dashboard. i used the cheapest foam cleaner. nasa P41/can sa online"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ako i use na yung microtex dressing na water based.. i just dilute it 1:2 ratio.. spray sa engine bay.. let it soak.. then wipe with basahan

then spray ulit for the final shine..

lakas na din makalambot yan ng mga dumikit na alikabok..

syempre dapat yung engine nyo walang leaks ng oil ha.. kasi pag may oil leak, need mo talaga degreaser dyan

pag may oil leak, mas ok gamitin yung wd40 to dissolve and soften the grime, then spray wid degreaser na water based or brake cleaner

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

syempre dapat yung engine nyo walang leaks ng oil ha.. kasi pag may oil leak, need mo talaga degreaser dyan

pag may oil leak, mas ok gamitin yung wd40 to dissolve and soften the grime, then spray wid degreaser na water based or brake cleaner
    yung tire foam cleaner acts like a degreaser na rin at kaya i-dissolve mga grimes sa mga crevices kaya parang all in one"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance you can use a brush to agitate pero punas2x lang after magevaporate yung foam, oks na. parang bago na ulit engine bay"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance